No announcement yet.

01 2100V Surf Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is with only 2 people in the boat and no bow ballast. Its gonna need a little more weight and fine tuning but its a good start. The water was really choppy and I don't have speed control yet so I'm not exactly sure how fast I was going.

20160403_134739.jpg

Comment

Is that with the 600 and 325 filled? Looks to be about 15 mph or you need about another 300 in the locker. I would definitely get a speed reading. Gonna make it hard to dial in without knowing speed.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah, they are both filled. I agree that it doesn't look that big but take into consideration that I'm only in about 10' of water. I really cant fit much more in the locker, that's why I chose the 600. It measures approximately 40" long by 20" wide by 22" tall. I wouldn't get much more weight out of bigger sac since most of the bigger ones are longer (which I don't have room for). I'm ordering hydrophase ridesteady in a few days so I'll get the speed dialed in.

Comment

You'll be real happy with the ridesteady. I love it.

Comment

UNSTUCK, Yeah I'm pretty excited to try out ridesteady. I like the additional options over PP like water/air temp, compass, and rotary knob.

Comment

Next, you'll need to find deeper water. All last summer I ran with about 500 pounds in ballast. Going from a shallow lake to a deep one made wave go from being similar to yours to being much nicer.

Comment

yeah for sure a shallow lake makes it hard to make an good surf wave.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah this isn't my go to place to put in. Actually haven't been there in years. We'll be hitting Bull Shoals and Norfork in northern Arkansas/southern Missouri once it gets warmer

Comment

Got my switch installed last night and everything is working great. I had an unused ACC switch that I replaced. The ACC switch to the right of it runs the depth finder so when I decide to complete the starboard ballast I'll just relocate the depth finder switch and use this location for the right ballast switch. My 3/4" hose/fittings came last night so I'll get the vents done soon and I'll be done with the port side. In the future I'll add a 600lb to the starboard side and I think I'm just going to use lead in the bow. I don't want to take up the space under the seats and I don't like the idea of having a sac on the floor.

20160405_180127.jpg20160405_175638.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X