Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21v Bow Ballast and Floor Reinforcement Questions

Hey guys,

I am in the process of getting organized for phase 2 of my ballast install in my 99 21v. Last year I plumbed in a custom Enzo sac on the port side for surfing. I love it, but still manually fill a bag in the bow walkway.

I plan to buy an integrated bow sac that I can hide under the seats in the bow. My main question is, how have people ran their fill/drain and vent lines up front? I plan to mount the pump next to the existing one in the back by the motor. Did you pull up the floor and run them on top of the gas tank? How do you get the lines into the storage area where the sac will be? Or run it on the side of the boat with the wires that run from the helm to the rear? Any information would be appreciated.

Second, the floor panel that is on top of my gas tank in the rear of the boat is starting to sag. Has anyone had this problem? I was thinking of pulling off the panel and reinforcing it from the bottom side. Or should I just replace it?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice guys!

Originally posted by mdk681 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am in the process of getting organized for phase 2 of my ballast install in my 99 21v. Last year I plumbed in a custom Enzo sac on the port side for surfing. I love it, but still manually fill a bag in the bow walkway.

I plan to buy an integrated bow sac that I can hide under the seats in the bow. My main question is, how have people ran their fill/drain and vent lines up front? I plan to mount the pump next to the existing one in the back by the motor. Did you pull up the floor and run them on top of the gas tank? How do you get the lines into the storage area where the sac will be? Or run it on the side of the boat with the wires that run from the helm to the rear? Any information would be appreciated.

Second, the floor panel that is on top of my gas tank in the rear of the boat is starting to sag. Has anyone had this problem? I was thinking of pulling off the panel and reinforcing it from the bottom side. Or should I just replace it?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice guys!
    I am thinking your 21V is similar to mine.

Pumps in front of V-Drive before gas tank. Pulled up floor and ran hose on top of tank up through the floor in an existing hole from factory hard tank. I think others have used the vent floor hole where the bilge hose runs down.

On the 24V, for the drain pump, I drilled through the wall from the mid ship lockers into the compartment under bow seats. The fill line I ran up the gunnel and back down, no drilling necessary. The vent I ran up the same gunnel. My thru hulls are in the mid ship compartments. I reusued the factory locations there.

On the 24V the floor panel is aluminum and pretty stout.
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

On top of the fuel tank and then up through a new cut hole just forward of the existing factory bilge vent hose. From there, run it around the forward wall of the locker and up and over the bulkhead and down to the bow sac. Locate the vent thru-hull in the same locker. Makes it much easier to install the thru-hull and tighten the nut and install the hose and clamp. I have found that just below the rub rail inline with the front tower foot seems about right.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am a bit confused. The factory bilge vent hose - My bilge pump is located in the back by my rudder box and exits out of the rear starboard side of the boat. Am I missing something? There is no way to get into the bow storage area except through the storage compartment on the port side where my amps are located. I would have no way to get the hose from the bilge area on top of the fuel tank into the compartment at this point...

There is a fuel tank vent hose that is located in the port side storage locker. Is that what you guys are referring to?

Comment

You may have to drill/cut a new hole in the floor of the locker to bring the hose up into the compartment. It then as chpthrl said up over the bulkhead and into the bow area. The vent line comes back to the same location in the locker and you will need to install a thru-hull fitting there.

Search the forum and you will find where others have pictures of what is done.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

bilge vent as in air not bilge drain as in water. There may be some difference from year to year model to model, but most boats have air ducts in the front to force air into the bilge while underway. These hoses make for good access to the bilge. You can typically drill down next to those bilge vent hoses.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ahh that makes sense. My friends 22i had those. My 21v does not have any sort of bilge venting, only the blower fan out the back of the boat. I think I found a good route to run the hoses on the port side of the boat. I plan to use the same route I used to get my power lines up to the amps in the port side storage locker.

Now to find a way to reinforce the floor that is sagging down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X