Looking to upgrade my ballist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to upgrade my ballist

I have a 15 z3 and looking to upgrade my ballast what options are out there. It has the surf xl ballast

AVX?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes

Comment

I know that Wake 9 did some upgraded bags in their boat. I believe the starboard side is 200 pounds more and the port side is 300 pounds more. I'm sure there are plenty of options out there besides what they did as well. I'm sure chp has some options.

Comment

call chp and done.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

We have a 2015 Z3 with AVX too. I added MLA sacs toward the end of the summer and it was a night and day difference with a small crew. Made a large crew wave with only 1 or 2 people in the boat. With a large crew it is even better. His bags fill the compartments up to the lid and use up more space under the seats. Also added a transfer pump to speed up switching sides.

You will have to reinforce the divider walls. The quick disconnect fittings are a nice upgrade over the stock fittings. It will seem expensive but when you think of the price of the boat it is worth it.

I talked to Ragboy about wake9 sacs and he said they were no longer getting them produced. I'm not sure if that is still the situation or not. It's worth reaching out to him too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Billy

Comment

Thanks where did you get the mla bags from

Comment

mla and chpthrill are one in the same. he will get you the hookup
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

MLA = Mikes Liquid Audio.. Aka Mike.. Aka chp... Aka Chpthril... The guy in post #2 asking if you had AVX.. He's who you'll want to listen to

Comment

Yes, Mike at Mike's Liquid Audio is the man to talk to.

Comment

How did you reinforce your divider walls @BJM?

Comment

Mike sent me some aluminum channel. I mounted 3 peices vertically to keep the wall from bowing. With the bigger bags they would bow the wall and pop out of the bottom channel.

I also mounted 2" angle alumnium on the motor side of the bottom channel. This helps keep the divider walls in place too.

Comment

What's a good number to contact mla

Comment

http://www.mikesliquidaudio.com/

http://www.mikesliquidaudio.com/contact.html will have his phone number and email address.
                            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X