Balast upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balast upgrade

I have a 900 lbs Sumo Sac and want to swap it out with my factory rear ballast on my 2013 rz2 for surf set up. Can this be done with different fittings? I've contacted wakemakers but they haven't been much help more like a lack of communication.

Have you checked out the wakemakers website? They have a ton of fittings.. if not, I am sure CHPthril will hook you up with some Intel/Product STAT!

Comment

Im presuming your RZR has either the Pro or Surf level ballast with the 350 lb OEM surf sac? The hurdle with that is that the OEM sac has 4 specifically located sac ports. In order to make any other non Tige specific sac to mate with those fittings, you are going to have to cobble together hose sections. Even then, I think you will have some draining issues.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

What other option(s) do I have to upgrade the ballast for surfing?

Comment

I have the pro ballast

Comment

For the RZR/R20 boats, I prefer the Tige designed Fly High W005. It has the 4 specific ports in the proper place for a nearly plug-n-play conversion.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

What about a 14 Z1? I'm looking to upgrade my rear bags I think there 700lbs bags. I've heard there's a 1100 I can swap in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine put Enzo's in his z1 and its sweet but he's finding out he needs more bow weight now also
                  surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyZ1 View Post
                    What about a 14 Z1? I'm looking to upgrade my rear bags I think there 700lbs bags. I've heard there's a 1100 I can swap in.

If you have factory ballast, the OEM sac is 350 lbs and sits atop a 250 lbs hard tank. You can also use the W005 or a larger custom Z1 sac. Both of which have the properly located ports to mate with the factory plumbing

Comment

Awesome thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        For the RZR/R20 boats, I prefer the Tige designed Fly High W005. It has the 4 specific ports in the proper place for a nearly plug-n-play conversion.
                        I 2nd this notion. I have an R20 with the 900# factory ballast. Chptril hooked me up, I'm running the w005 on port and on starboard. Setup was real simple.
                        2015 Tigé R20

Comment

Working...
                        X