2015 Z1 set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Z1 set up

I am a former MC owner and am brand new to the Tige brand. I was wanting to hear from anyone with a Z1 with AVX and pro ballast. Should I invest in upgrading to the surf ballast? Any comments on shallow lakes and set up (8 - 12 feet deep).

Its my understanding that in the 2015 model year, if the boat has AVX, that that also includes the Surf-XL ballast. This seems to be noted this way in the 2015 Brochure but thats not always an absolute.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Surfn View Post
      I am a former MC owner and am brand new to the Tige brand. I was wanting to hear from anyone with a Z1 with AVX and pro ballast. Should I invest in upgrading to the surf ballast? Any comments on shallow lakes and set up (8 - 12 feet deep).
      The lake I mainly boat in is about the same depth as you mentioned. I can wakeboard with no issues but the surf wake can get sloopy dude to the shallow water. There are parts of the lake that are 20-30 feet deep and don't have any issues with surf wake in these areas. The ideal depth for surfing is around 15-20 feet deep.

Comment

Originally posted by shemakesmesmile View Post
        The lake I mainly boat in is about the same depth as you mentioned. I can wakeboard with no issues but the surf wake can get sloopy dude to the shallow water. There are parts of the lake that are 20-30 feet deep and don't have any issues with surf wake in these areas. The ideal depth for surfing is around 15-20 feet deep.
        Do you have the surf ballast? Do u just surf with pre sets?

Comment

We've got a '15 Z1 with AVX, but we don't surf in water that shallow. Whether the ballast is enough will highly depend on your crew size and which side of the boat you surf on. Usually it's just the wife and I and the 900 lbs in the corner just wasn't enough to list the boat far enough to port so we added the Z3 Surf XL bag to the port side. The stock bags work well for goofy with any crew size and will work well for regular if you have 2 more people in the boat. The rest of the skinny water recipe will most likely be in the speed/taps/avx settings to find something you like. Get the list right with ballast and then dial the other 3 knobs to find your wave. With speed/taps/avx the wave is incredibly adjustable on this boat.

Comment

Working...
          X