Ballast Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast Recommendations

Doing a little research for a friend. Anyone here have or been on a Mastercraft X-30 that can give me some suggestions to pass to a friend looking to dial in a surf wave? It's a 2007 with the stock sub-floor ballast and what looks like a trim tab like our Taps plates.

He was running the full stock ballast on the port side and also filled a mid-sized (500lb??) sack in the rear port locker and a large (750-1,000lb??) sack under the seats on the port side. Driver and three passengers. He was also running faster than I'm used to at 12 mph. Not sure where the trim plate was. I've love to give him suggestions, but we're in a 20v and only have to run a fraction of the ballast that the big boat guys do.

I've seen pictures on this forum of absolute monster waves from all the Z3, RZ4, 24V guys and figure that this guy's MC should be able to throw a great wave.

I've done some searching on the MC Team Talk site but have gotten mixed feedback on what to do. Any tips would be appreciated.

I used to have the same boat and it had a great surf wave. We filled the rear port hard tank and the KGB (center) tank. Put a 750# sac in the rear port locker and a 400# in the bow. It had a lot of list, but put out a great wave.

Comment

Dreddy, can you give me some tips on speed and trim tab setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1100s in the rear with a DIY wedge like the RONIX of which you can make for 60 bucks.......

15-18 feet back of the boat, with no problems.... and no switching of ballast...
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
        X