2014 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z1

I just bought a 2014 z1 with the convex vx and pro ballast. I surfed it Saturday and was really impressed with the preset surf L.

Any comments on how to customize the ballast for an even better wake would be appreciated.

If I wanted to add bigger bags to the back it sounds like I'd have to put more weight upfront and I don't want to monkey with filling bags manually so again, any comments on that would also be appreciated.

So far we love our new boat. Exceeded all expectations. Haven't wakeboarded yet as the lake was very choppy this weekend.

Thanks,
    Dan

I have a 2013 w the same set up. I upgraded the back left bag only and did not mess with the front. Wave is pretty long and we have a lot of fun with it! Here is a recent pic with driver and one person in the boat IMG_8839.jpg

Comment

And the girl is pretty tall, 5'7" ish

Comment

Just upgrade the rear sacs as mentioned. There really is no need to mess with the front sacs, you can compensate a little by increasing speed, which will put the nose of the boat in the water a little more and increase the length of your wave. If your boat still has the factory prop you may want a prop upgrade otherwise the extra weight will slow the boat and may not get to surf speeds - this was for sure true on the 2013 models, not entirely sure on the 2014 as they may have run a different set up due to the engine change in '14. For all things ballast and I believe he can help with props, contact Mike @ MLA (member name Chpthril) and he can help you out. A little more weight in the rear lockers and extending under the seats and you will be VERY impressed with your wave...lots of push and will clean up very nice with the VX.

Be aware for wakeboarding, the Z1s are very weight sensitive from side to side. They are tough to get a clean wake on each side when wakeboarding. We used to clean up the one side and then would turn slightly as the rider approached the opposite side to clean it up on their approach. This was simpler than trying to keep everyone in the same seat and adjust weight. You most likely will need to add weight to one side or the other to get a clean wakeboard wake.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I just upgraded my 2013 z1 factory prop to 1617. This made a huge difference in our wave and gave us plenty of Push to maintain speed. After increasing ballast prop upgrade is a must..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X