Issues with big ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with big ballast

I've noticed a couple problems with my Wake9 ballast bags and am wondering what others have done to address it.

Firstly, I'm getting passive draining despite cross drain and venting. At first I thought it might be the fill line but now I think it is the cross over pump. It loses a couple hundred pounds almost immediately.

Secondly the bags don't drain all the way. Today when I took the boat out the "fingers" under the seats were still 50% full of water. There is a step in there that the water can't get passed. Does anyone else experience this?

Boat is a 2013 Z1.

Sent from my Passport

You still have hard tanks under the bags right? I've got a small trickle of passive draining going out the drain line of my hard tank. I think its just the pressure of the bag on top and I also have my hard tank vented to the bag as a piggy back setup, even though I've got another fill pump for my bag on top. I think the pressure from the bag is also letting a little water drain down the vent line into the hard tank and out the hard tanks drain line overboard. It's not much water but you can see it trickle. I've thought about getting a couple rubber stoppers to plug the holes with but for me it's not a big loss of water, especially compared to what I had before.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Issues with big ballast

Is your cross over pump a reversible pump? If not, you are likely getting passive draining through it.

If your cross vented and drained. That should not be your problem. Every time I thought I had a new passive draining problem the check valve on my fill lines was leaking and needed to be replaced

Edit: changing making to leaking thank you. Autocorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Stingreye; 08-02-2015, 10:26 PM.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Yes on the hard tanks.

Yes on the reversible pump.

I have to look at my check valves and see how they look. As for the pump, will it be leak proof?

Sent from my Passport
        Last edited by JohnnieMo; 08-03-2015, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X