NEW 2014 ASR OWNER NEEDING BALLAST HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW 2014 ASR OWNER NEEDING BALLAST HELP

I just bought an 2014 ASR and have only been out on it a few times. I love the huge interior and the safety aspect of the deep inside for my two young kids. We had success surfing unhooked with the rear port and both front ballast full and Taps at 4, 10.6 mph with only two adults and three kids in the boat. The wave was OK but could have been cleaner. I have since bought a 1450lb sac for the rear port side. We ran it again with the same set up plus the sac. We played around with the speed and the TAPS bit were still unable to get a really clean wave. It was quite rough so maybe this was a factor? Do I need more weight up front? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No specific knowledge with the ASR but it sounds as if you may need bow weight and to speed up a bit. I run anywhere from 10.8-11.4 in my boat.

Comment

Seek out member loudelectronics on here as he posted a setup a week or so ago on the 14 ASR his setup had a crazy wave behind the ASR! Maybe do a search for his posts also

Comment

Read Posting #7

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...031#post750031

Comment

Working...
        X