Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impeller Pump Wiring - Direct to Battery or through Helm Bus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impeller Pump Wiring - Direct to Battery or through Helm Bus?

I am setting up 3 Johnson ultra ballast pumps to automate the ballast system in my Tige 24V. I would like to run all 3 pumps at the same time. It would be much easier to wire the pumps from the dash switches to the Helm Bus under the dash instead of running the wiring all the way back to the battery. Does anyone know if the helm bus wiring would support that load?

Thanks in advance

Look at posting 3 pics on that install I did. I had 3 pumps and had no issue running all of them off the helm bus, even when ran at the same time. The only thing I might warn you is it will give your stereo a buzzing sound when running pumps. I always turned stereo down while filling. Requires a lot less wire doing this way.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...allast+install

Comment

Is it OK to wire the fuse between the pump and switch? The diagram on wakemakers shows the fuse location between the switch and the battery.

Comment

Should wire it before switch. What happens if the switch shorts/fails... no protection for that.

Comment

I would run them direct to the battery and place the fuses within 12" of the battery..........

Comment

I would not run them to the bus bar but straight to the battery also. That is a lot of amps with all three running for that to handle.

Comment

Working...
            X