Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Z1 Ballast Upgrade options

Hi
    I have purchased a 2012 Z1 with stock ballast system one single 400lbs sac in the bow and twin 250lbs hard tanks under the floor. I am wanting to upgrade the ballast but not sure on what to do or what would be the best option. I already have a Fly Hi triangle bow sac and was going to use that and plumb in a Jabsco reverso pump to fill and empty the sac. In the rear I was going to use a pair of 400lbs Fly High sacs and plumb them into the rear ballast system. If anyone has any ideas, information or diagrams please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are wanting a shorter fill and drain time, I would consider giving the rear sacs their own plumbing system as well, over a piggyback configuration. Regarding the sacs, what are you goals, wake board wake or surf wake.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a 13 z1, which is different but not sure how different in the bow area , I installed a fly high 1000lb triangle bow bag in my bow under the seats plumbed in with a Johnson reversible pump. It works awesome but I will say you either must be careful to shut that switch off as soon as it overflows or use both topside ports and run 2x overflows, the Johnson plumbed with 1" fills so fast the single 3/4" overflow can't overflow fast enough and that triangle sac is a tad big for that area when full.

Comment

I was going to plumb in the piggyback system and see if the cycle times were acceptable. I am going to use this boat for everything i am more a skier but are getting more into both wake boarding and surfing. I was after the best all round system to do everything good. Dose anyone have a plumbing diagram that would be useful for the correct way or the best way to install the new sacs
        Thanks

Comment

For surfing, you will likely find that an additional 400W on top of the factory 250 is just adequate, but may lack push for beginners. A custom/semi-custom sac would allow two things. A) more weight for surfing and B) With properly placed sac fittings, the plumbing can be configured similar to the OEM Surf ballast plumbing. This functions much better then a traditional piggyback setup.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Reecey View Post
            I was going to plumb in the piggyback system and see if the cycle times were acceptable. I am going to use this boat for everything i am more a skier but are getting more into both wake boarding and surfing. I was after the best all round system to do everything good. Dose anyone have a plumbing diagram that would be useful for the correct way or the best way to install the new sacs
            Thanks

I generated this drawing by tracing all of the lines in my RZ2. This arrangement is typical across the models for the pro ballast setup.

Last edited by Tulsah; 07-13-2015, 03:14 PM.
            2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsah View Post
              I generated this drawing by tracing all of the lines in my RZ2. This arrangement is typical across the models for the surf ballast setup.

This would be the pro ballast config. Surf Balast would just have the front 400 u shaped bag or independent 200's. None the less the plumbing is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
                This would be the pro ballast config. Surf Balast would just have the front 400 u shaped bag or independent 200's. None the less the plumbing is the same.
                Thanks for the correction! Post changed.
                2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Ok thanks, which custom/ semi-custom sacs would fit best in the rear lockers ? Where would I be able to get them from and how would I plumb them in ? Would I run another 4 pumps for the sacs for filling and draining ?

Comment

The Fly High W005 sac has the properly placed ports that would allow for the plumbing to be configured similar to what the OEM Surf and Pro ballast is. They would fill and drain as if it was factory. The W005 would hold about 900 lbs. Our full custom would hold about 1100 and can still be plumbed in as if the boat came with the Surf or Pro level option.

No additional pumps are needed, but if faster fill time is desired, supplemental pumps can be installed for the larger surf sacs.

Comment

I've got the woo5 bags in my z1 and they honestly hold more than enough weight. Actually on the goofy side, which is how I ride I only fill the starboard rear sac maybe 75% full if that. If it's full the wake is insanely tall and has no length, and I have 1000lbs in the bow. Depending on how many people on board is how much I fill the starboard side, I just know that bow full, and fill surf corner until the E on my chrome tige logo on the back is just above the waterline. Regular side I fill the port bag all the way up, bow full and the wake is clean and looooong.
                      Add extra pumps or it takes forever to fill, my 2cents.

Comment

Working...
                      X