Awesome surf wave, but struggling with wakeboard set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome surf wave, but struggling with wakeboard set up

Just got my new Z1 this year and we are able to get an awesome surf wave, but struggle to get a good wakeboard setup. I have the 1600# ballast system and TAPS 2. The presets in the Tige touch are horrible, any suggestions on how to set up the Z1 for a clean wakeboard wake with pop?
    Attached Files

100% Bow weight 25% rear weight 21.5 mph. Then start with the taps at 1 and bring it up until it washes and then bring it back a lil where the wake is clean. From there as you progress in riding you can add more rear weight and less taps. The more rear weight the less taps you will want as the wake will get super peaky. (unless you like that this more taps for you). Also the more rear weight the more speed.
    FairTax.org

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Careful coiling the slack in your hand. If you fall, it can tighten up on fingers and wrists. I would maybe take up a link or two on the rope if you are in the pocket and theres a lot of slack.

Because you are holding the rope in your right hand, your shoulder it rotated back, putting more weight on the rear foot, this = brake. Put the handle in your front hand and point toward the transom/platform corner. bend a little at the knees, keeping the back vertical.

Bring your front foot more toward the toe edge of the board and get on the balls of your feet.

A slight shift in weight forward = gas and a slight shift in weight back = brakes
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Clug Z1 View Post
          Thanks for the info!
          No worries report back if that doesn't help.
          FairTax.org

Comment

Thanks for the pointers chpthril! We are new to the surfing sport, but I am hooked!!!

Comment

also, may need to adjust the rear weight side to side or people side to side to keep both sides clean. Move weight toward the wash to clean it up. My Z1 makes a nice ramp at 21 with no rear weight except to balance, full front, taps 4+.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Terminator View Post
                100% Bow weight 25% rear weight 21.5 mph. Then start with the taps at 1 and bring it up until it washes and then bring it back a lil where the wake is clean. From there as you progress in riding you can add more rear weight and less taps. The more rear weight the less taps you will want as the wake will get super peaky. (unless you like that this more taps for you). Also the more rear weight the more speed.
                this is about where Im at too

Comment

Based on your original post, so then what's the problem?

Just kidding. But in reality, we have not wakeboarded once this summer.....I keep looking at it though thinking I should.
                  Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

i have found with 13 and up z-1 does not need much ballast for wake boarding, esp in stern, put more in bow than stern always. esp at the lower speeds (20-22) and always a little more weight on port side (people or ballast) to keep wake even from the prop rotation. As you pick up the speed you can add more weight

Comment

Working...
                    X