Rear compartment reinforcing for large 84" tige bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear compartment reinforcing for large 84" tige bags

Ordered a set of tige 84" surf sacs from wake makers. These are fly high w005. Anyways after filling them up its clearly obvious I need to reinforce my engine dividers and the rear transom walls as the bags basically blow them out. Anybody have any easy and cosmetically pleasing solutions for the this?

I held out for these bags to come in stock rather than ordering Enzo sacs because I thought they would be perfectly shaped for my boat but unfortunately that's not the case, in fact pretty sure fly high should re measure there design, cause they are too damn wide!

I also removed my two bow bags and replaced them with one 1000lb bow bag, plumbed in with a Johnson pump, also added johnsons to each of the rear bags and still using the factory fill/drain pumps on them as well. Surf wake is pretty sweet.

Some people have used this on the inside.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_239965-46882...s+and+brackets

Comment

Originally posted by Z1josh View Post
      Ordered a set of tige 84" surf sacs from wake makers. These are fly high w005. Anyways after filling them up its clearly obvious I need to reinforce my engine dividers and the rear transom walls as the bags basically blow them out. Anybody have any easy and cosmetically pleasing solutions for the this?

I held out for these bags to come in stock rather than ordering Enzo sacs because I thought they would be perfectly shaped for my boat but unfortunately that's not the case, in fact pretty sure fly high should re measure there design, cause they are too damn wide!

I also removed my two bow bags and replaced them with one 1000lb bow bag, plumbed in with a Johnson pump, also added johnsons to each of the rear bags and still using the factory fill/drain pumps on them as well. Surf wake is pretty sweet.
      Reinforcing is probably the way to go. I have the W004 and they fit perfect in my RZR. The W005 is 14 inches wider. My guess is your Z1 lockers size is comparable to my RZR and there probably bigger in the Z3 and RZ4. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
        Reinforcing is probably the way to go. I have the W004 and they fit perfect in my RZR. The W005 is 14 inches wider. My guess is your Z1 lockers size is comparable to my RZR and there probably bigger in the Z3 and RZ4. I could be wrong.
        On wakemakers site it shows the w005 and w004 as both being 24" wide, the only difference being length, 59" compared to 84". Do you think there site is incorrect? Wouldn't surprise me, I've ordered from them many times but so far this year (3orders) I haven't been impressed with quality control, 2 orders the wiring kits had faulty connections, and there customer service is suddenly almost horrible. I think I will try making some braces out of aluminum, and use a couple extra L brackets inside the transom walls.

Comment

Josh,

It may not mean much now, but the W004 and W005 sacs were actually spec'd out by Tige, not Fly High. It was not designed for any particular model, but we find it to be a good fit for the R20 and RZR model. For most others, we have an actual custom design.

Yes, the W004 and W005 are both 24 wide. I have not seen this 24" wide dimension being an issue for the Tige locker walls before, except the plastic retainer screwed to the floor. Never seen a broken Tige locker wall yet.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Z1josh View Post
            On wakemakers site it shows the w005 and w004 as both being 24" wide, the only difference being length, 59" compared to 84". Do you think there site is incorrect? Wouldn't surprise me, I've ordered from them many times but so far this year (3orders) I haven't been impressed with quality control, 2 orders the wiring kits had faulty connections, and there customer service is suddenly almost horrible. I think I will try making some braces out of aluminum, and use a couple extra L brackets inside the transom walls.
            Yeah your right, that's my fault. I was looking at the starboard side W004 on wakemakers.com and it says 14" wide but that makes sense that it's a typo.

I browse the Malibu forum pretty regularly and some guys said over they talked to wakemakers and were told that they have some new contract with Malibu directly for their bags and Malibu factory orders were taking precedence over customer orders. I remember reading that they were having problems with their supply for direct customer orders too because of the Malibu deal. Not sure if it's all true but that's the word. I've heard a lot of disappointing order stuff about wakemakers lately.

Comment

I reinforced my dividers with aluminum angle iron and countersunk stainless bolts/nylon nuts, and added 2 L brackets on the insides out of view, behind the transom walls, works great! Oh and added extra screws to the divider channels on the floor, couldn't believe tige only put 2 screws in these from the factory.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X