Z1 Ballast Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 Ballast Help

Hi guys, I'm brand new to Tige coming from a malibu 23lsv. So far we love our new to us Z1. I'm looking to add some more weight for the starboard wake for surfing. Right now we have pro ballast and i think 600's in the back. Does anyone know the ballast line configuration? I'm thinking the top of the 600 has fill and vent, while the bottom has two drain lines. i have an old enzo sac that i would like to use, but ony one bottom drain port. My question is, can I "Y" the bottom drain lines to the one port of the enzo bag? Greeko has a z3 xl bag that maybe i can itegrate into my system also. Comments?

So you want to run the 600lb and the enzo sac in line to share fill/empty/vent? The end part is a bit confusing to me.

Comment

No, I would like the take out both of the 600's eventually and have sacs that run under the seats. Just asking to see how to plumb in the enzo. I guess the easy way to to solve the weight problem is to just purchase XL Z1 bags @ 900 lbs each. Don't know if they would be big enough though.

Comment

Ok. You are right. The top two ports are your fill and vent line with the bottom being empty. You can add a "Y" but I would see if you can just eliminate one of the empty lines if your enzo sac only has one empty port anyway. You would have to trace out where they both go. The enzo sac will most likely be too big for under the seats as it's quite a bit longer than what you have for room. Don't know Z1 and what's available for sacs but Chpthril also has the custom 1200lbs sac which I just put in my 22ve and it's awesome.

Comment

Thanks BCRider, I know Chpthril is highly recommended on this forum. How are the prices coming out of the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Winetige View Post
            No, I would like the take out both of the 600's eventually and have sacs that run under the seats. Just asking to see how to plumb in the enzo. I guess the easy way to to solve the weight problem is to just purchase XL Z1 bags @ 900 lbs each. Don't know if they would be big enough though.
            They are actually 350 pound sac, the other 250 to equal 600, is a hard tank under the floor.

The OEM surf sac has a vent port on top, a fill port on top that shares the flow with the hard tank below it, and 2 drain ports that go through the floor to the hard tank.

To plumb in a sac like the enzo, you are going to have a poorly functioning "piggy-back" type configuration.

The enzo may net you 150-200 lbs over a sac like the Fly High W005, but just is not going to jive with the plumbing.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok Thanks guys, very helpful.

Comment

Before:

After:

Sent from my Passport

Comment

JohnnieMo that diagram explains everything. Thank you - it should be posted for all to see. Also, the cross drain and vent sytem is a must do mod.

Comment

Cross drain and vent is super critical if you increase your ballast. Although I had some drainage even with stock. The upgraded bags are really a must. I added Wake9 bags, but I think those might be all gone.

The crossover pump is also a must have. It basically halves your fill, drain and switch times.

Comment

Working...
                    X