Ballast completed on 2008 24Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast completed on 2008 24Ve

We finished our install of a Wakemakers system yesterday.
    Four pump system, five bags.
    Pump #1 for the front V sac.
    Pump #2 for the Starboard sacs: 580lbs under the seat and 600lbs in the rear locker.
    Pump #3 for the Port sacs: same 580 and 600
    Pump #4 for the X link.

The Starboard and Port sacs have additional ball valves in the lines in the event we decide to only fill the rear lockers or under seat bags. More control for dialing in someone wakeboarding.

The system is outstanding for beginning or light riders. My 150lb youngest son (goofy) gets a perfect wave. My 85lb youngest daughter (regular) gets a perfert wave and went wireless for the first time yesterday.

For the first time we can finally allow goofy riders on the boat. Transfering weight takes 4.5 minutes from side to side; X link pump on, fill on the side we are transfering too and empty on the side we are moving the water from.

For the heavy experienced riders we add two (2) fat sacs on the corner we are surfing on (normally regular side). Allows more push and we adjust the size by speed and taps. We are testing adding ballast to the front and opposing sides but we are far from getting a final perfect wave.

I will post some pics on the install. Did some really custom work as we had the time and patience. Just a few issues during the install in which Wakemakers came through and send along the correct wiring pigtails and such.

We plan to put in custom sacs over the winter, allowing a bit more weight in those lockers.

So far we are pretty happy with the system.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul Middlemore; 06-25-2015, 01:15 AM. Reason: Adding photos
    Paul Middlemore

awesome, def contact MLA for the custom sacs they fill those locker full and up under the seat, hard pressed to fit anymore weight in there with those sacs. fun when it all start to come togther

Comment

Holy Cr@$! You have the first Tige I have seen with the same colour yellow. The big bird yellow has finally grown on me we won't be changing the trailer colour after all. Nice job on the pump install, good idea putting the pumps behind the engine.

Comment

Thanks, lots of thought and work to pull it off. That yellow can be annoying though; we are tired of the yellow dash covers, going to redo them gray this winter to match the Seadek stuff we put on. I am going to paint the trailer black next year as it drives me nuts.
        Paul Middlemore

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Middlemore View Post
          That yellow can be annoying though; we are tired of the yellow dash covers, going to redo them gray this winter to match the Seadek stuff we put on. I am going to paint the trailer black next year as it drives me nuts.
          That is exactly what I thought and I planned to paint the trailer black as well for the first month of ownership. Now I don't even notice the colour. Hang in there, maybe it will grow on you too.

Comment

Blower is too high. I would consider relocation it back to a lower spot.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X