Passive filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive filling

As the title says, I am getting passive filling into the starboard hard tank when I am surfing the port side. I see lots of posts about passive draining which I am def not having, completely opposite, as in the opposite side hard tank keeps filling up. I start out making sure the tank is empty and by the time I am done I am pumping out alot of water out of the hard tank. Ideas?, thanks

Next trip out, after making sure the stbd side tank is as empty as can be, shut the ball valve off for the stbd fill pump and see if you still get water in there.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok I will try that, I am sure that is the only way it is getting in there though, but will def. try

Comment

I didn't close the ball valve for either tank, but after sitting overnight I will have lots of water in both tanks I will try this weekend to close ball valve, but just seems to be siphoning into the tanks, how do you stop that. I may have to look for another prop eventually too as with lots of peps in the boat and loaded I was getting some cav. and one time it didn't want to plane out. 1433 or 1235? which one.

Comment

The method to stop passive draining or filling depends on where the water is coming from.

Both props work wee on that boat with ballast, the 1235 is the more aggressive of the two, what is your lakes elevation?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

3000' ish. the water is coming in through the factory aerator, atleast I am pretty sure of that. How else would it fill? it is def, not through a vent as if I empty and let sit over night there will be water in the tanks. Pain in the butt to reach in and close valves all the time so need a different fix. Also I have the ctw trailer, not sure if that matter for prop.

Comment

Closing the valve is.not my fix just a diagnostic test to isolate the passive water movement.

Comment

No NO, I know you didn't mean that. I just meant that I do need a fix as having to close it all the time would be a real pain in the butt. I close it this weekend and see what happens and let you know. Let me know what prop you think is better, thanks. I do wakeboard but so far the stock ballast is enough for me, and I rarely ever cruise wide open, 25mph is comfortable I find.

Comment

My Ve used to passive fill until I went and got a few simple supplies to fix. I bought some extra ballast hose (whichever size you currently have) and i bought two manual ball valves and some hose clamps. I took the extra hose and routed it off of the Fill pumps for both rear tanks and routed it as high as possible in the engine compartment, at its peak i installed the ball valve. From the ball valve I simply used the ballast hose that had originally come from the pump to the tank. and that's all mine needed.

Comment

ohh yea I used to get this all the time in my old boat its actually pretty simple the thru-hull underway auto pressurizes and pushes water past the pump and fills the bag. I tried everything anti-syphon loops, longer hoses, pumps as far away from the thru-hull, till I finally installed the ball valve (Brass type) and that stopped it, only down side is your constantly in and out of the bilge opening and closing. Other option is to just kick the drain pump on every few minutes while under way and pump it out.
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

yeah I will try to close the ball valve on the bilge tomorrow, if that stops it, I will let the ballast guru give me his opinion if he will share,(thanks Mike), but I am pretty sure it is just pressuring past the pump.

Comment

I think mike was saying to close the valve on the ballast fill pump and not the bilge pump. If you close the ball valve on the fill pump and the passive filling stops, you know that is where your problem lies.

Comment

yeah I understand what he was saying, I just have to try it now. I know its not the bilge, zero water in boat. I will try this weekend, thanks guys.

Comment

I'm running the 1433 with huge ballast and lots of people. No issues. I think the 1235 is a bit bigger so would be a bit more stout. I only went with the 1433 for fitment on my trailer. I'm running the PCM343.

Comment

3000' ish.
                              Id lean towards the 1235

Comment

Working...
                              X