09 Ve Custom Sac Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 Ve Custom Sac Install

On Friday my custom sac was ready for pick up. ( Thanks again Mike!!).

I only picked up the port side as of right now and will get the starboard side next year. My goal was to ultimately run dual fill, dual drain, along with a cross over once I get the second sac so I had Mike add 2 additional bottom rear drain ports for me when Fly High put the sac together.

I did a ballast install in my last boat which I ripped out before I sold it so I had the majority of what I needed. Last year and throughout the winter I had been buying the balance of parts so I could finally move forward. I had to be very careful as I only had so much 1" hose left over so I had to use it wisely and add one union for an empty line. I even had to take apart my "chuck over the side of the boat pump" that I had made and rob its hose. Well, on Saturday after trying to line up my brother in law since Tuesday to come over and help me (he is a plumber) I gave up and my neighbor came over and helped me. I knew what had to be done but being that some of the fittings had to be in the position shown which is pretty tight I figured having a plumber there would be an asset. Unfortunately, my brother in law likes to sit on his asset more than put it to use. I had the holes drilled on Tuesday through the bottom ready to install the thru hulls. The biggest open area and most convenient place to put the thru hulls was right in front of the paddle wheel/transducer so that was a no go. So I kept them in line with the pump in front and just did an immediate 90 to get back to the open space for the rest of the fittings. Anyway, the neighbor came over and we knocked it out pretty quick so he could go on with his day. I spent the rest of the day getting everything else in. The newly installed pumps are the 2 Tsunami's with all the brass fittings. I have a couple options going forward once I install the second sac depending on how I want to run the fills. All based on available space I figured I'd try and T off the existing pumps that feed the front sac so I can have a 1" and a 3/4" fill feeding the custom sac on each side. At this point I have ran both of the new pumps to the custom sac for filling.

In the locker I removed the back panel and started figuring out where I wanted the holes to come through the back panel. I wanted to just drill the holes through the panel so the hoses would neatly come through and build it altogether but I also wanted to be able to remove the back panel so I could get at the batteries with more room so I notch it out. You can see in the one picture how I have ran the hoses to the 2 rear pumps for draining. The last hole on the left will be for my cross over line.

Two new drain ports were drilled in the starboard side of the boat.

The only thing really left for me to do now is wire in the pumps to my switches. I've been going back and fourth on this as there are a couple different ways I can do this. My boat has the hard tanks and came with a 400lb sac in each locker on top. There is a small pump that pulls the water from the 400 lb sac to the hard tank and then a second pump at the hard tank to drain it out of the boat. This means I have to rerun the one fill line for the old 400lb sac straight to the hard tank. This eliminates a pump that was already wired to my ACC switch on the dash. The second ACC switch on the dash does the the same thing for the Pump/sac on the starboard side. For now I figure I will rewire the starboard side pump in too the hard tank pump so a single switch activates both pumps for draining. This will now free up my second ACC switch. From there, I can wire the first ACC switch to be fill and the second one to be empty on the custom sac. This saves me from having to buy 2 new rocker switches and running/terminating new runs. I just have to redirect the power wires that are already at the rear of the boat. Once I install the second custom sac I can wire in proper rocker switches at the old ACC locations or cut in new. I just used the small round flip switches in my last boat so fill and empty are separate switches. When I had my WS420 mount made I had them drill 4 holes so I could do this again. Just have to decide what route I want to go.

Can't wait to get out there and try everything. It was one of the hottest weekends we've had yet and I was stranded in the driveway with 2 holes in the boat all weekend but it was worth it.
    Attached Files

Nice! Looks good! Don't forget the wave pics!
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Looks great, can you swing by northern michigan and do the same on my 09 22ve?

Comment

nice!!

Comment

here's a quick video my friend put together of me surfing last night with the new custom sac filled.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msn1...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Kinda looks like my wave, wonder why!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X