2010 ve ballast install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 ve ballast install

admin, could you pls delete my 2010 ve ballast install?s thread,as this will replace it, thanks

anyhow, after lots of looking, figuring, emailing mike, looking at threads I am now finished my port side custom sac ballast system.
    The system consists of 2 reversible pumps (at the moment eventually will have a cross over pump when I can afford that and another sac. for starboard) that are fed from the factory 3/4" thru hulls, I Removed the factory plastic ball valves and replaced with bronze ball valves that I had to reduce from 1" to 3/4" with a bushing local plumbing store., then mounted the factory aerator pumps on one side of the tee and the new 1" line to feed the reversibles on the other side of the tee. The port side reversible feeds the custom sac as well as the starboard side via a diverter valve either to the same sac or to an aux line so that I can fill another remote sac to place on the seat if just a couple of us out,( do not have this sac yet). Cross vented the sac., mounted an aux fuse block for the pumps under the dash, then the hard part was where to put switches so I spent quite awhile choosing and am extremely happy with the result, below the throttle at the mini storage pocket. I will post pics of all this as everyone loves pics and hopefully can help someone else out as others have helped me.
    thanks
    Attached Files

diverter valve in rear starboard corner of engine compartment, only need to access if filling a secondary bag.

here are a few more

Comment

Vent
      Attached Files

Comment

On to the ballast bag

Comment

ballast bag fitted with air before water, and also went under the compartment looking for all the sharps, ground off screws from velcro at base of seat, used the thick foam tape to tape off sharps, lots of them, don't need a hole in the brand new bag
          Attached Files

Comment

if anyone else doing this chech under the rear seat there is a short white tube glassed into the boat and it is really jagged there.

Comment

Off for the water test
              Attached Files

Comment

Just left the boat on the trailer to test everything SUCCESS!!, no leaks and everything worked perfect, with the exception of have to switch the wire on one of the pumps, not sure why, but fill was empty and vice versa, if that is all, I am happy, NO leaks!!

Comment

Switch location
                  Attached Files

Comment

oh, thats weird turned it upside down, see what I can do.

Comment

another try
                      Attached Files

Comment

it did it again.

Comment

well it looks better right side up, the space in the middle if for the crossover switch eventually, the hardest part was cutting into my vinyl, I trace the back of the mount with a pencil, then made an X in the vinyl with a knife close to the edges of the pencil marks, then I folded the triangle pieces in behind the vinyl and while stretching the vinyl with one hand I cut the glass backing with a dremel drill bit type cutter. took my time and made it too small at first and then just kept slowly and carefully grinding away at the glass until I had a nice snug fit.

Thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
                            Just left the boat on the trailer to test everything SUCCESS!!, no leaks and everything worked perfect, with the exception of have to switch the wire on one of the pumps, not sure why, but fill was empty and vice versa, if that is all, I am happy, NO leaks!!
                            Pop the switch out, take the actuator off, rotate the switch 180* and re install the actuator.

Looking good!
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I just switched the wires at the pump. No big deal, the switch came apart when I was taking it out of the orig. holder it came with and all the guts went everywhere so I am happy I gotta working and lighting up properly, thanks again Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X