2006 22v Wakesurf Ballast Setup please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 22v Wakesurf Ballast Setup please help

Just bought a 2006 Tige 22v and need advice on a ballast setup for wake surfing. I have read that I should run 1200 in the rear corner/side and 400 in the bow.

It has a built in ballast system. 4 250lb tanks. 2 in the rear lockers, one under driver and one in the passenger console. I was thinking about pulling these out and installing sacs. I could pull the locker tanks out and stuff an enzo sack in there and hook the existing hoses to it. Has anyone ever done that or can give me advice. Will this work or no?

Thanks!

It will work, it will be slow however. Furthermore, your plumbing intake likely at the transom, so you can't fill while underway.

I had the same boat (except 24Ve). I opted for the full monty: New 1200GPH pumps, new thru hull intakes on bottom of boat, and custom sacs. I blasted out the rear walls of the lockers and moved my batteries inboard just behind the engine (after ripping the factory muffler out).

I would imagine with a 22Ve, you could have a pretty darned good time with some Enzo sacs, some faster pumps, and some lead bags. That would be a low(er) cost way to get started. Biggest sacs you can afford in the rear lockers.

It will surf very well.

Talk to and buy your gear from Chpthril on this forum. He will send you a huge care package box full of what you need, and his prices are spot on or cheaper than anywhere else. The best part is his support, however. Dude knows his ballast. And his Tiges. And his electronics.....and a ton of other stuff for that matter. Always answers the phone, too. Can't say enough.

Trust me, call him.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Pull the hard tanks out and put sacs in. Enzo sac is perfect for the surf side and the U-bag works great for the front. 22v makes a great wave with that setup.

Search for Topaz Surfer's built thread on here - he has the perfect setup probably for the 22v - I'm headed that way with mine this year. Adding about 400 lbs in lead plus the bags mentioned!!

Comment

Just went out for the first time tonight and seems like the wave had a very short sweet spot that was very near the back of the boat. We are running enzo sacs in the rear locker and a bow sac up front. I think the front sack needed to be filled more. We had roughly 400lbs of people in the boat, mostly on the side and rear, none in front. I could not find a spot where i didnt need the rope. we were running between 10 and 12 mph with different taps settings. Couldnt seem to dial it in, please help.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jdk20111; 06-29-2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

By a quick look you are way to rear foot heavy. The board needs to plane. Push down on that front foot. U can move rear foot forward more to

Comment

Thanks I will try that.

Comment

Working...
            X