Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wakeboarding ballast setting ?

Hi everyone !

I'm beginner in wakeboarding....i need setting ballast, speed, taps and rope lenght to make the best wave to jump ??

I have R20 no VX with 1600lbs ballast.

Thank

Yan

Fill the ballast all full.Set the Speed Set to 22.6 mph . Set the TAPS to 3 or 4. Put on a 75 foot rope,you can take off 5' if it looks more comfortable. These settings would be for an intermediate rider. If you're a beginner Ballast 50% all. Speed Set 20.5 mph . TAPS 1 OR 2. Rope length 60'. Hope this helps you out.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by Yan-R20 View Post
      Hi everyone !

I'm beginner in wakeboarding....i need setting ballast, speed, taps and rope lenght to make the best wave to jump ??

I have R20 no VX with 1600lbs ballast.

Thank

Yan
      There are many factors that go into a good setup. It can depend on how new to wakeboarding you are, how many people are in the boat, where you are riding (lake or river), depth of water, what prop you are running, which motor and elevation you are at.

Comment

Start with no ballast, TAPS on 4 and a 65 foot rope and go up from there.

Comment

Ok thanks guys !! Next time i try your setting

Comment

We start people with no ballast, 55ft, taps 1 and slow, 17 for adults.

Comment

Woww 4 reply....4 various setting ! I read on the subject on the net and it really hard to find a good setting for beginner.....i will try all your setting loll

Comment

Beginners get no ballast. Just use Taps as others said.

For me the speed will be based on the rider. If it's an adult you will want to go about 20-21 depending on how heavy they are. People are scared of the speed but if you are heavier then you need the speed to help you stay on the water with less drag. If it's a kid you could probably get away with 18-20. You'll want to play with the length when you are ready to jump. The shorter the line the narrower the wake to get across. You'll have to play around to see what works for you.

Comment

Interesting to hear taps being used during wakeboarding... I would have imagined a Taps/trim tab would not be used much during wakeboarding..I stand corrected.

Comment

Greeko: Taps for wakeboarding can change the shape from mellow to a bit more rampy. You'd be surprised how much it can effect the wake. I usually ride at 22mph with Taps at 4-5 with my ballast loaded up.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                      Greeko: Taps for wakeboarding can change the shape from mellow to a bit more rampy. You'd be surprised how much it can effect the wake. I usually ride at 22mph with Taps at 4-5 with my ballast loaded up.
                      Sounds like you are a superstar wakeboarder!

Comment

Ok thanks BCRider !! If sunny day this week end....i try

Comment

Working...
                        X