Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Enzo sacs sit above factory ballast in 2007 24ve in rear lockers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Enzo sacs sit above factory ballast in 2007 24ve in rear lockers?

We just bought a 2007 24ve that has the factory ballast (mint with 88 hours btw). I will post photos once it is actually in our driveway. I plan to add additional ballast to augment the factory setup. Did I read somewhere that there is a weight limitation on what you can put on the floor of the rear locker when there is factory ballast below the floor? Also, do the enzo style sacs fit on both port and stbd rear lockers? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Zad; 05-06-2015, 07:10 AM.

Factory ballast tanks on an 07 is not below the floor, but rather above floor and along the transom. There will be a large mushroom thru-hull in the transom to the right of the TAPS plate. The ballast tanks force the batteries on the port side and TAPS motor on the stbd side, out into the locker space. The batteries and TAPS motor each have an enclosure built over them.

With or without ballast, there is no issue with weight on the floor of an 07
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Oh, ok. Thanks chpthrill. In that case, is there any advantage to having a custom sac made for each locker or to just go with a standard enzo style sac? How about the 2006 24ve with no ballast? Are the battery and TAPS enclosures in the same place? At this point in time we are wanting to avoid any modifications and live with the wake we can create just by adding bags.

Comment

I have a 2006. I went with custom sacs, but that is because I modified my lockers and moved batteries and TAPS motor to the center behind the motor. Had I not done that, I would have probably used Enzo sacs. I would think there would be room for only that...but after the mods, my lockers are much larger and my sacs are too. The port side is pushing 1850# when filled.

Chpthril is your man here.
        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Oh and you're going to want to remove the silly factory hard tanks I would think. They're small and irrelevant in the surf world.
          Not that fun to remove, but it can be done.

Comment

If the tanks are in the transom and not affecting anything it might be a nice area to have weight. Thoughts?
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Mine were not in the transom, they basically took up the entire floor space of the locker, were made of thick ABS plastic. They were not full width, however. It seemed to me that they were be best removed and replaced by sac volume--to use all available space. I am guessing his are like mine were.

Also, they were super fun to remove (not).

Comment

if they were in the transom and split left and right, I might leave them. Then relocate the taps pump to the engine bay and move the batteries. Then do enzo sacs. That way you could sqeeze a little more lbs in the rear or a boat
                Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I don't have the boat in hand yet but I believe, from what others have said, that they are in the transom, not under the floor board.

Comment

Sounds like dakota4ce has an early 06 that was built with the same carpet covered tanks that the "V" boats used. With the new "Ve" hull, the hard tanks got put along the transom, forcing the batteries and TAPS motor out into the lockers with a structure built over them.

Leaving the hard tanks in the Ve is a 250 lbs bonus. Leaving the batteries is a 85 lbs bonus. Down side is that a standard ballast sac is not going to sit right with those structures there. So, we no have a custom sac for the port and starboard that is called a Double-L and it will sit over top of those structures.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...668#post466668
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well shoot, perhaps you do have a keeper! Mine were garbage, but transom placed, that might be something. Please excuse me!

Comment

Working...
                      X