3/4 inch fitting and 1" hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/4 inch fitting and 1" hose?

I am currently in the process of changing out all of my ballast hoses, they are the old rival hoses and have started to crack and I certainly don't want to continue down the road this is going. I did some searching but couldn't find a clear answer to what my question it. My fittings on my boat are 3/4", can I use 1" hose? Is there an advantage to using 1" hose if I can in fact use it, or is it best for me to just stick with 3/4" hose?

The second thing I am going to do is install a manual valve from the starboard pump to the port sac. Since none of surf goofy, my thinking is why not use this existing pump and cut the fill time in half of my port sac. Since is a HUGE sac it would be nice to fill it faster. By putting a valve there I can divert the water to the port side and still (if I ever have the need) use it for its original intended starboard sac. Any problems with doing this? I figured all I need is the valve to divert to the port sac, the hose, and a check valve.

Thank guys!

You can use 1" hose with 3/4" fittings just know your truthfully not going to provide any additional flow as you will still have the restriction of 3/4" fittings

You can easily T off you other pump to run dual full if that's what you want. Just need to have a ball valve on each line to direct which way you want the water to flow.

Comment

The difference in flow rate between 1" and .75" is minimal over the short distance it travels, especially when you factor in the flow loss due to head pressure thats going to be there in any setup. In my testing, I found the real improvement came when the .75" sac fittings were swapped to the larger 1". So yes, if you are going to upgrade to 1" hose, you need to upgrade the fill fittings in the sac. To do this, you will also need to fit the pump with a 1" HB fitting. You will not get a 1" coil reinforced hose to collapse down on a .75" barb. This brings us to the pump. Is it one with a threaded on hose barb or one with the hose nipple cast part of the pump body? I would leave the vent .75 and just install new hose. Same with the drain. The drain t-hulls are not really restrictive, so may not be worth the effort and cost.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The pump is the thread on type, not casted on the body. Truly, it filled faster than I expected with the single line running to it, just thinking that I may as well use the other pump also because we don't use the other bag.

Comment

Working...
        X