2006 22ve. Redoing my new ballast system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 22ve. Redoing my new ballast system

Last year I cobbled together my system for a good wakesurf wake and had decent results. The system takes forever to fill, i have to monitor to know when its full and empty and its very manual.

Below is my computer assisted rendering of my current system. I am looking for advice on how I should upgrade. I'm assuming another intake. Should I do a spill port? I am going to add an enzo bag on the starboard side. Your advice is greatly appreciated . uploadfromtaptalk1429811140292.jpg

A dedicated thru-hull each pump will not improve the fill time.

I'm a firm believer in venting sacs.

Going from 2 linked sacs to a single surf sac will improve the fill and drain efficiency but wont change the fill or drain time. That will change based on the amount held now and later. The 22ve only holds about 143 gls. So in theory, depending on the current sacs, you may actually be adding ballast with an enzo, thus increasing the fill and drain time.

How often do you have the bow sac and port sac filled at the same time? I gather you typically surf the goofy side, so the stbd sacs and bow are filled/drained most often?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Chp. I do surf goofy and I fill both stbd sacks full and yes its not efficient. I then fill the front about 80% and port about 30% to get my best wake. Should each bag have a vent and when they spill they're full? I was thinking I would add vents, another intake, enzo sac and maybe another pump if needed. If you can give me some options I assume I can order it all through you?

Comment

Yes, vent plumbing for each sac. Prevent over filling. To increase the fill and drain flow, you could install another reversible pump and on its own intake. Since the port side is rarely used, I would leave the single pump/manual diverter/2 sac setup.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Can you email pricing on adding two more intakes, three vents, one ballast puppy, and a box of tubing? I used home depot tubing and its way too thick and inflexible. Utemachine@gmail.com

Comment

I put a huge (probably too much water) system in my 2007 rz2, fills, drains, and switches in about 4.5min. Super sweet, but spendy. Bought all of it through chpthril, exceptional experience. I used 8 ballast puppies.....
            2007 RZ2 Marine power 340hp Custom ballast
            Tundra Crewmax 5.7L

Comment

Working...
            X