2010 ve ballast install?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 ve ballast install?'s

Hi there I have a 2010 ve and picked up the ballast equip from chpthrl aka Mike, I am not sure where to mount the reversible pumps, my plan is to eventually have a transfer pump so was gonna mount that by the taps pump(scared to accidentally screw into factory hard tank). I figured 3 pumps in that spot would be too busy so came up with this spot.
    If standing at back of boat looking toward bow I can't mount at back of motor on back of seat due to a water filter system plumbed there, so was looking at the sides port and starboard at back of motor where the fuel filler lines come through, seems like the hose would fit nicely and no sign of damaging anything. Have a look at the pics and see what you think. thanks
    Attached Files

I saw a listing for a boat for sale and thought of your post. I am guessing this may not be a good option, but in this picture, they have a shelf that they have 3 reversible pumps mounted to. I see in your pics that your water strainer is there. Is there room to make a shelf just above the rear of the motor, in front of the strainer? Possibly move the water strainer and install the pumps across? Moving the strainer would be fairly easy.
    3 pumps 08 Nautique 210.jpg
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Check out Topaz's. Its a 22V but he has 4 pumps all above the Tranny.
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...allast-install

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Dukes, how about making a panel that bridges the two hard tanks across the back that you could lay the pumps on. There's a fairly big void under there. I'd have to crawl around mine to try and provide better options.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys. From stingreye the 2 pumps on the side look to be where I am thinking of mounting mine. I really don't want anything at back of motor as it is already tight there if u need to do something. Just my thoughts. I emailed chpthrl he thought where I picked would be good. Also seems be favoured to have them mounted vertical so water can't enter elec head. I am busy for a couple weeks now but when done I will get on this and take pics as I go. Bcrider I'll call ya soon

Comment

Working...
          X