Ideas for New Tige Owner on Ballast for 2002 Model 20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for New Tige Owner on Ballast for 2002 Model 20V

We just purchased this boat which is in mint condition with the goal of getting my 11-13 year old kids more active in wakeboarding and surfing. Do I need ballast and if so what weight where and what types of systems to consider. I'm looking at lots of information but want Tige' owners input.

Thanks.

You will find a lot of information in the forums.... Going to probably wanna get the right prop on your boat for the weigh of ballast you plan on running... then start buying/borrowing sacs and moving them around the boat to see what set up you will want to go with. Chpthril will be the guy to talk to... still waiting on him to get back to me though.. I am sure this is a busy time of year for him... He is so good that I am not sure his business has a slow/off season! Welcome to the club and post some photos of your boat!

MIKE

Comment

Do not think you will need ballast for while until the kids real serious.

Comment

You will get much better suggestions than what I have to offer but we fill two 250 lb fat sacs in the rear port locker when surfing. We place a couple people In the bow since I don't have a bow bag and the rest of the passengers on the left bench. TAPS between 4-6, 10.5 mph. It's a short/steep wave but very surfable.

My guess is if you just want to play with it is you can find some used sacs and Tsunami pump to get started. That's what we did to start/learn. This would be a crawl before you walk approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For surfing, you will absolutely want added ballast, regardless, of skill level. I think for that boat, a single Fly High W719 Jumbo Surf sac and W709 pump kit will go along was for your 1st season surfing. This would give you the ability to manually fill and drain the sac on either side of the boat, depending on who rides how. To plumb in, you might be looking at between $285 and $400 per sac, depending on design and pumps used, for all the plumbing. Sacs are extra. The W719 is a good value sac @ @190, up to $500-600 for custom surf sac.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X