05 22v with factory ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 22v with factory ballast

Just curious as to what I can do in the future as to ballast. Like it says in the title I have the factory ballast hard tanks. I'm new to this whole ballast weight. first thing I'd like to know is if I do upgrade to sacks can I use my pre existing plumbing and drains? The front compartments have minimal weight as it is, is there something out there that I can get that will better utilize the space without losing some of the storage space? How big can I go in the aft without losing the storage?

Thanks for any help and pictures

Tundra

Theres no where to put ballast besides storage lockers, so any ballast that amounts to anything, is going to consume storage. It will be a compromise between the wake you want and how much storage you are willing to loose while the ballast is filled. A typical surf setup in that boat is going to consume the rear locker and most of the way up the side under the seats. Possibly the bow storage. Redoing the ballast would eliminate the tanks in the mid-ship locker though. Converting the hard tanks to sacs can open a can of worms. The hose gets stiff and hard to work with and the factory pumps are prone to break if you are in there trying to work on the plumbing.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Theres no where to put ballast besides storage lockers, so any ballast that amounts to anything, is going to consume storage. It will be a compromise between the wake you want and how much storage you are willing to loose while the ballast is filled. A typical surf setup in that boat is going to consume the rear locker and most of the way up the side under the seats. Possibly the bow storage. Redoing the ballast would eliminate the tanks in the mid-ship locker though. Converting the hard tanks to sacs can open a can of worms. The hose gets stiff and hard to work with and the factory pumps are prone to break if you are in there trying to work on the plumbing.
      Great Info............Enough said

I'll leave it alone and add if necessary

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tundra03 View Post
        Great Info............Enough said

I'll leave it alone and add if necessary

Thanks
        IMHO taking out the front tanks and going with a bow sac or two 400s under the front seats would be an improvement in storage. My bow seats in my 2004 24V are a PITA and we use up all the extra space from the factory ballast tanks. The mid ship locker storage for me at least, is more valuable than the storage under the bow seats.
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
        X