Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13' RZR - Want bigger hidden bow sac

All,

Planning a ballast upgrade this winter and have the rear all planned with larger sacs, extra fill pumps, crossover pump, etc. Chpthril hooked me up.

I don't have any plans yet for the front. I had the covers removed when installing my stereo last year and there appeared to be quite a bit of unused space up there with the stock 400 lb sac (s).

Does anyone have a picture with the seats removed?
    I have 2 sacs up front correct? Can't remember and boat in storage.
    How do you remove the seats?
    What do you recommend? Bigger sacs or perhaps some lead?

My wake was at its best by far when I had more bow weight. I ran a 1000lb bow sac on the seats filled ALL the way up numerous times last year. Made a huge difference. I know I won't get all of that hidden but I want to maximize what I can so I can get my bow seats back.

Mike

If you had space up there your sacs weren't filled all the way. With the sacs full they push up thru the front underseat access hole and will push back against the rear covers. They fill the space. Nothing else would fit any better. I know a couple guys who put some POP(lead) bags up there.

It is 2 bags. The seats remove with hardware from below, but there is no reason to, its a solid deck under them. Some boats have a access hole under the the removable front cushion. 2014's did and most 2013's didn't.

Comment

Thanks Todd. They were filled 100%. The extra area was on the sides where they pushed up against the rear covers. Also up the sides into the gunnel areas. So my best option is some lead? I have read about others upgrading the front bags in an RZR/R20. Are you saying they likely did not gain anything?

Comment

I don't think. My 2014 had issues with the ballast and I spent a lot of time under there and ran without the covers most of the summer. There isn't much to gain. I can't think of a sac that would do better. You would need a sac that had like a side panel that extended up and out to work into that space up under the gunnel. There isn'e any tube sac that is going be any better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
          I don't think. My 2014 had issues with the ballast and I spent a lot of time under there and ran without the covers most of the summer. There isn't much to gain. I can't think of a sac that would do better. You would need a sac that had like a side panel that extended up and out to work into that space up under the gunnel. There isn'e any tube sac that is going be any better IMO.
          Thanks. Guess I will go the lead route.

Comment

Working...
          X