Plumbing Diagram 2014 RZR VX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing Diagram 2014 RZR VX

Can anyone help with a ballast hose diagram to show where each hose runs to & also each hoses function on my 2014 RZR with surf ballast !
    I've just fitted a 84"W005-stb sac & I need to cross vent to prevent passive draining, I believe the passive draining is from my vent lines ( the 2 front holes on the rear stb side of the boat )
    What I think is the fill hose already has a one way valve fitted inline from the factory, so I don't think that is a problem !
    Any advise would be appreciated
    Regards Mal ( South Australia )

Hi Mal. I am in the middle of this project on my Z1 also. If your RZR is the same there are 4 lines running in to the bag. 1 fill, 1 drain and 2 connect down from the bottom to the hard tank.

The fill pump is forward of the engine by the transmission. The water is sucked up from there. That line then has a check valve in it. After that there is a T junction. The fill splits half to your hard tank (underneath) and half to your bag. It connects to the top back port on the bag. This all remains unchanged.

The vent port connects from one of your side through hulls and then comes back to a T also. It then splits between the bag (front port) and your hard tank (same place the fill line goes). To cross vent you need to disconnect the line from the hull, extend it, and run it across to the other side of the boat.

The drain line is much simpler. It is a single pump which is out of sight. It is sitting against the back transom under the floor, connected to your hard tank. It is a single line about 2 feet long coming up and out through one of the other through hull holes. It needs to be extended and run across the the opposite side as well.

Complete the other side the same way.

I'll be posting pics on my thread once I wrap it up.

Sent from my Passport
    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 01-04-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply
      My setup sounds the same except my bag has 5 ports, 2 drain ports in the bottom, with 1 fill line coming into the top rear port of the bag that has a one way valve & T piece that also fills the hard tank first,
      The top middle port in the bag goes directly to a thru hull vent,
      And the top front port in the bag vents to a thru hull & also has a T piece joining the vent from the hard tank.
      And my drain pump hose which runs from the bottom rear of the hard tank to a thru hull.
      So I guess I just have 1 extra vent hose to reroute to the other side of the boat !
      However my passive draining is only occurring through my 2 vent hoses, so I don't think I will need to cross vent my drain hose as it seems ok !

I've attached a rough drawing of how I think my ballast is plumbed ?

Comment

Comment

Yours is the same except the 2014's had 2 vent lines. If you have the check valve in the fill that is the update. Earlier boats didn't have that and would passive drain thru the pump. Your going to have to cross both vent lines to the opposite side.

But you are correct. 2 drains to the tank on the bottom. 2 vents on top and 1 fill line.

Comment

Id bet that most of your passive draining is from the drain line, not the vent.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Two vent lines.... interesting. From what I've read they did away with that in 2015 as it didn't make a difference. I could be wrong though.

The vent lines are easy to bring across because you can use any type of hose, so long as it doesn't kink. The drain line requires a bit more delicacy as every extra inch is added resistance, and you want it to move as straight as possible to keep the speed up. Neither is particularly hard to do, but I found I needed to take the whole back of the boat apart.

Note that your attachment doesn't seem to work.
              Last edited by JohnnieMo; 01-04-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Here is a graphic I threw together on the stock setup.

Then you cross the drains and cross the vents. I also threw in an optional reversible pump which allows you to essentially double the speed of a single side fill. (i.e. run both port and starboard fill pumps and then just push one bag across to the other side)

Let me know if I made any mistakes, and I can remedy. I threw this together pretty fast.
                Last edited by JohnnieMo; 01-04-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

^those drawings are awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the great ballast drawings, I think your spot on with those diagrams.
                    My 2014 just has 1 extra vent port, sounds like I need to cross vent my drain hoses as well going from what Chpthril is saying !
                    Not looking forward to pulling the whole rear of the boat apart to cross vent the drain hoses !

Summer has just begun here in Australia, so I'll have to try and do the job in between outings!

Meanwhile rubber plugs in the thru hulls will have to suffice

Thanks again everyone for all your good advice
                    Mal

Comment

Originally posted by Tecno View Post
                      Thanks for the great ballast drawings, I think your spot on with those diagrams.
                      My 2014 just has 1 extra vent port, sounds like I need to cross vent my drain hoses as well going from what Chpthril is saying !
                      Not looking forward to pulling the whole rear of the boat apart to cross vent the drain hoses !

Summer has just begun here in Australia, so I'll have to try and do the job in between outings!

Meanwhile rubber plugs in the thru hulls will have to suffice

Thanks again everyone for all your good advice
                      Mal
                      You don't have to take it all apart.... I just did because I wasn't in a rush and when you're 250lbs, every inch helps.

The easiest way to do this modification is to get a good hose cutter and cut the hose about 10" in from the through hull in all 4 spots. Then get a hose to hose fitting that fits these unusually sized hoses. Then just put in new hose and drag it across to the other side where you have another hose to hose fitting.

So you'd need about 30' of hose, two male to male 1 1/8" hose fittings, 8 hose clamps and a couple hours.

I didn't want so many restrictive fittings so I elected to put a bit more work in to it.

I found swapping out the bags was far more effort. If I did it again I would just cut the hoses and not try to remove them off the bags. Those toothed fittings are a real pain.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

The factory hose barbed fittings come off quite easily if you just apply some heat with a hair dryer to soften the hose so the barb releases

Comment

Originally posted by Tecno View Post
                          The factory hose barbed fittings come off quite easily if you just apply some heat with a hair dryer to soften the hose so the barb releases
                          Now you tell me!!!

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Any plumbing changes on the 2015 Z3 with the avx and surf package? I think the factory should add the cross fill system if that reduces the switch over time, it would help reduce the competitors fast switch over time.
                            I never noticed that each rear has two fill pumps on my 2014

I have a 2015 in production to replace my lemon 2014 Z3.
                            Can I add a system like that to my new boat? my oldest is goofy and it took at least 5 to 10 minutes to switch sides.

Thanks for the drawing it is the only way I can clearly understand the lay out.

Comment

Tom,

The only major changes in 2015 was the ASR getting reversible impeller pumps. To my knowledge, the other models are staying with the aerator pumps. I did hear that Tige's new surf sac has a vent line in the leg, but I suppose it T's into the other vent line, so has no real bearing.

Yes, supplemental fill pumps and a transfer pump system can be added. Just note, it would likely require adding more fittings to the OEM sacs.

The factory plumbing only uses a single fill pump per tank/sac. Any system with dual pumps, was done post factory.
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                              X