No announcement yet.

Tige Touch Ballast Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that with the reversible pumps I don't have this issue. It would require the pumps to run backwards and I don't think there is enough pressure in the bags when they are full to make that happen, but it's something I will keep an eye on.

I am going to have pull up the floor and find these pumps to get the gph rating. It's going to drive me crazy not knowing how much water I have in there. I added the ballast system on my 22Ve and supplemented it with a stopwatch. My boys are 3, 5, and 8 so I am constantly filling and draining. The three year old doesn't wakeboard yet, maybe towards the end of the summer he'll give it a shot. Needless to say I am going to be a big fan of the pressure sensors when they come out...

Comment

I am going to have pull up the floor and find these pumps to get the gph rating
      Jabsco = 640 GMP/10.6 GPM

Johnson = 720 GPH/12 GPM

Sorry, dont know which they use unless my dealer got his ASR in today and I can go check it out tomorrow or Tuesday.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Let me know how many of the thru hulls are on the 15 model. There are 2 vent ports for each bag on the one I have. Kind of a waste of ports if you ask me...

Comment

Im pretty sure each fill pump will have its own thru-hull, this has been the way since the 09 models. I did hear though, that Tige decided that that secondary vent was not needed, and went back to a single vent p/sac. So that would be 1 drain outlet and vent outlet, but thats on other models using aerators.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I had some time yesterday to play with the timers. As expected, each ballast bag fills at a different rate than the others. For example, the right front and left front bags were about 20 seconds apart on the fill times. The fill rate is affected by a few factors, including whether or not the motor is running. When the motor is running, the fill time is less which I assume is because the pumps run faster due to an increase in voltage supplied to them (12V with the motor off versus 14V with the motor running). Secondly, the dump time is not the same as the fill time. It takes a bit longer to empty the bags which is likely due to pumping against the hydrostatic pressure of the water in the lake at the depth of the thru hulls.

So, the timers will probably work on the initial fill of the system, but will probably be unreliable from then on. They will progressively get less accurate as you go through fill/drain cycles due to the variance in the fill and drain rates.

Comment

I was able to confirm that the 2015 ASR does indeed use impeller pumps, but I could not access them without removing panels. Since I was just scoping the boat out for a system proposal, I was not going to take anything apart. I do believe I know where they are located. Under each side seat, there is a rectangle access panel secured to the floor with some screws. Fallowing the hose routing as it travels away from the intakes, thats the direction it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X