Aerator install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerator install question

Does anyone know if a T1200 will fit vertical under the floor in the area between the vdrive and gas tank? The boat is a 22V and I installed the system a couple of years ago with two 1” through hulls but I put a 90 to the ball valve followed by a PVC manifold to two T800 pumps for a total of 4 fill pumps. I have some off and on priming issues so I am thinking about upgrading to t1200 pumps and adding two more through hulls. I am thinking the simplest thing to do would be just to remove the 90 from the current setup, thread the ball valve straight to the through hull and then the new T1200 straight into the valve but I am worried that will be too tall to fit in that area. Any thoughts?

I did a search and found one similar install where rule 1100’s were used but I am bored at work so just trying to plan out my next project and get some opinions. 

Pics of the existing setup are below. You cant really see it in the second pic but the port manifold is connected to the through hull via a short section of 1” hose and I am thinking where that dips down a little is what causes most of my priming issues.

Ballast manifold 1.jpgBallast manifold 2.jpg

Not sure if this helps but here is a pic of mine with the floor in. Excuse the crappy wiring mess

Looks like it might be a tight fit unless your ball valve is shorter than mine.

For what its worth, I have had zero priming issues with this setup.

20140729_224942.jpg
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by cpropes2005 View Post
      You cant really see it in the second pic but the port manifold is connected to the through hull via a short section of 1” hose and I am thinking where that dips down a little is what causes most of my priming issues.
      Maybe you can do the "T" and have one pump tilt under the floor like mine? Looks like very similar positioning.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Any priming issues you currently have, will not be solved by upgrading to a larger pump. A T1200 can sit on top of a thru-hull/ball valve. Here's a setup with 2 T1200 on one t-hull and two T800 on one

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-Ballast/page2
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah I think my priming issues are more related to the fact that on the port side the manifold is connected to the valve via a piece of hose which allows the manifold to slope down a little from the elbow/valve and sit on the bottom of the hull. I think this lets the elbow be a bit of a high spot for air bubbles to get trapped. I was just thinking about redoing it and since the through hulls are 1” and the inlet on the 1200’s are 1” I was thinking it would be a good easy upgrade. With that said I like the look of the T install in the linked thread and it looks like those through hulls are in similar spots to mine so I will probably just do something like that and keep the 800’s since I haven’t ever really had too much of an issue with fill times. The other factor for me is I want to get rid of the galvanized elbows. I used them in a pinch because I had everything else and I couldn’t find brass fittings locally but I was too impatient to order them. I am sure they would last many more years but they are getting some surface rust on the threads so I want to take them out and just connect the ball valves directly to the through hull.

Stingreye, in your pic the 2 pumps in the bottom of the picture are t’d off of a single through hull? Where is the through hull for the 4 pump manifold in the top of the picture?

Comment

Just looked at it again and saw the other valve handle in the bottom left so it makes sense now. So your other through hull is in about the same place as mine like you said and then you have pipe and fittings to wrap it around to the other side where the 4 pump manifold is?

Comment

Yes, I bought everything from Mike (Chpthril) ^^^, everything worked perfect for avoiding trapping air. One other caveat is that mine is a 24V but it looks like it similar working space.

This pic should make it clearer. The hardest part was making sure the handles clear but you could even cut them shorter if you needed to for clearance.

The 4 pump manifold has a 1.25" Thru hull and hardware. The "T" one is 1 inch. The high side of my "T" looks like it can clear under the floor. Its also the T1200's on the T and the 800s on the manifold.

20140729_224926.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X