Longer pocket on RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longer pocket on RZR

We have a 2014 RZR with vx, 1500lbs. In surf side stern corner and full 400lbs. Bow weight. Trying to figure out how to get a longer pocket for surfing.

more bow weight and or speed up. Fyi I run about 1500-1600 surf side rear and about 1100 lbs in my bow 11.5mph . 03 22v

Comment

No VX here but have the surf flap install. I've had 250 to 300 extra in my bow in people ballast before. If the water is calm it's fine and works good for shape and adds some length. If the water isn't calm then I don't even try it cause that weight really sinks the bow and driving with rollers would be sketchy. Speed helps for length for sure and I regulate "push" with taps. I'm a bigger guy so there's only so much length I can set the boat up without losing good push for me but for lighter riders who don't need the kind of push I do, I will set it up with alot better length.

Comment

Does anyone else think that 1500 lbs is ALOT of weight for that boat in the surf corner? I would try less weight or add some weight to the surf side. Keep in mind that Tiges don't require the list that you need from some of the other boat lines. Maybe try just 1000lbs in that corner.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Yeah with 1500 on the surf side aft I'd definitely put more in the bow. Roughly 250 pounds or so. I would also fill the hard tank on the non surf side to sink the boat more as dandy mentioned you don't need that much list.

Comment

image.jpgToo much?

Comment

yes in my experiance vx boats don't need as much list and can work really well with off side weight. Spend some time with trying different set ups but only change one thing at a time. Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X