20v Ballast Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20v Ballast Suggestions

We purchased a 2002 20v a few years ago and have slowly shifted from a slalom family to a surfing family. The surf wake the 20v throws is respectable, but it is pretty steep and not overly long. It is very easy to free ride, but you’re in close proximity to the platform and the limited wave depth restricts how much speed you can gain when pumping.

We surf port side and normally run ~600-800 LBS in the rear port locker (fat sacs and Tsunami pump), TAPS between 3-7 (setting depends on bow weight), a passenger or two in the bow, and the rest of the passengers on the left side of the cockpit. Speed 10.3-10.5.

I’m looking for suggestions to lengthen the surf wave, if possible. I recognize with our boat’s age, weight, and length that we’ll be somewhat limited until we upgrade. I also know that we’ll never see impressively long surf waves like I see the pics from all you 24v, Z1, and Z3 owners. However, if there is a better setup than we currently run, I’d love to hear some recommendations. Thanks in advance for any advice.

i have a 2000 2300V and I put 1000 in the back locker and another 500 on the floor by the seat. I would keep your people arrangement the way you have it and see what happens. The speed seems right. We do pretty much the same and I am riding about 10-12 feet off the stern. I think you just may need a little more weight. The boat can take it and it rides just fine. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X