Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tige 21V Riders edition 2000 Max. ballast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 21V Riders edition 2000 Max. ballast?

Hello,

I´m new with tige and going to start with 21V riders edition 2000.

Need some advise with weighting. Like to hide them as much under the seats etc.. Heard that weight need to be lot in front so.. Am I in right bath when thinking following setup. rear 500 both sides, Midle 600 and front 1200lbs. Is it bossible to hide that all in ballast tanks/systems or am I right when thinking that most likely I need to take at least one sack in front bow/floor? What you think overall. How much this boat can handle weight to be driveable, plane and float Like our old boat got kind of point after the wake did not grow anymore.. just get kind of bit thicker/harder. but then the boat was pretty horrible to drive.. (x-star -98, LT-1) some what 1700lbs. evenly placed + 4 people in boat more than that and it´s not worth it i think.

I don't think the boat is going to need that much weight. This is the era boat when Tige claimed they didn't need ballast because of TAPS. I rode a 99 a lot back in 99 and we didn't run that much ballast. I think you are going to find that close to the 1700 you had in the Xstar will be good. Almost 3000 lbs is going to be too much. IMO

Also why go from a 98 Xstar to a 2000 Tige 21V? Thats MC's 205/ 205V hull and one of the best wakeboard hulls ever made. Wake wise and quality(in that era) you are really taking a step backwards. I think you might be disappointed with the 21V compared to a Xstar, wake wise.
    Last edited by boardman74; 09-23-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Thank you for quick Reply. Yeah the old x-star have gave us lot of good years to ride. The thing is that the old boat was owned as group of people/wakeboard club and when it came time to run down the club we sell the boat a way. Also I live in area where is a lot of roughwater so that defenetelly was not the best side of old inboard x.

I hope to get bigger and more thicker / fat wake from this tige boat when really loaded. I was thinking that yeps It need way much more weight than the old boat cause it´s longer and wider body. Just simply need more weight to sunk the hull deeper in water. I Hope I found way to tune the new boat wake to at least massive than the old x-star was.

Comment

I ran 250's in the rear, 400 on back seat, and a 750 in the bow. The problem is the spray pockets. Too much weight and you'll wash the wake out. No matter how fast I went, I always had wash ontop of the wake. More weight made it worse. I ran that setup at 23-24 mph. If you need to go slower, less weight is needed.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you all for advises! Done some reasearch and first thing and do belive most important thing is to fill the spraypockets! in hull. Thinking now that the start set-up will bee roughly 2x500 back lockers and bow"triangle" back 1000 to front as possible. If needed/can handle more, in the midle under the seats.

Comment

Hello,

First set done yesterday. some what 450+450 in back lockers, four people in and 1000 in front. Speed 36-37km/h. work okay. During winter I will fill the spray pockets and think buy optimal sacks for the back side lockers... 45x25x25 (Then it´s some what 1500 in the back) and in the midle maybe 500 or so.

With this first set-up the speed was just enough to get rid of those spraybubles in the lip. any way even with bubles you don´t notice difference anywere else than between your ears Size of the wake with this set-up is near what our old 98 x-star was able to give when FULLY loaded. I almost can put my bet already that this new boat have much bigger,phatter wake than our old x-star. Just need way much more weight and some re-work to hull.. But that thing with weight´I already know when bought this boat. Will let you know how it goes after the hull is done, new sacks are in and the snow and ice is melt here next spring

Comment

Now one summer almost behind. Riding testing weight etc.. Spray-pocket not done yet. but will be after a month. I have use till today oldschool fat-sacks in side of the motor. they say 600lbs. but I think they maybe no more than 500 cause they don¨t fit proberly in there. I have also used 250kg (550lbs) lead under the back seat/between rearlockers. and 1100lbs fatsack in front. usually 2-4 people on the boat. taps somewhat midle. Riding 80ft. (with handle) and speed pretty much 38-39km/h maybe 23-24mph? The wake is thikker, bigger, steeper than our old 97 x-star could ever produce no matter howmuch weight you put there (I think 1800lbs + 2-4 people on the boat is pretty much max for old original x-star) . The thing is that yes those spraypocket make the wake REALLY, REALLY easy to break the lip and softens it, but!! It's more like a brain fart.. you can do all the tricks etc. etc.. but you hope it would be "cleaner" and yeps when it's clean (boats really even and speed not too low) it's thicker harder in the lip. So that's why I will do those spraypockets. I hope that after that the lip will come more "consistent" and maybe the boat could handle even bit more weight? Will see that. Actually I belive/hope that it will handle bit more weight in stern to be able use less taps and get "harder" a bit more steep wake that really kicks you straight up. more like SAN style.. But yeah in the end.. bigger boat, more weight = Bigger wake I'm Happy already. And belive that spraypockets done this boat handle at least 2500-3000lbs weight and give you the wake equal other boats same age and size.. In the photo you can see the wake just litle washed in the side I'm just coming and toeside is clean.. so it's like litle litle bit too much weight on the other side of the boat. But still two people in the boat, +1000lbs. in front (triangle fatsac) and original fatsacks in rearlockers + 550lbs between rearlockers and under backseat. taps pretty much in the midle. Not too bad. and the spraypockets are not done yet.IMG-20150511-WA0006.jpg
              Last edited by Late77; 08-22-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

One more thing... Wake surfing.. This boat give you really nice shape size wake too.. In pictures.. Original fatsack in rear locker + 500lbs. under the side seat 550lbs +1000lbs in front and three people in the boat.DSC_0199.jpgDSC_0193.jpg

Comment

what speed are you running while wake surfing?

Comment

Looking good! I am running 1100's in the rear and a 650 up front.. Can't believe you get away with 1k lbs up front! Depending on how many people I have in the boat I have a 750 for the center walkway ready to deploy... Mine is a year newer but should be pretty identical...My rub rail is sitting right at the water line and sometimes below.. So I know I am pushing it but I have been out about 5 times since adding my ballast system and am loving every bit of it.. These boats put out a hell of a wake...I think that they make a steep wave but not as long as the newer boats.. but then again they weren't built for surfing so if you are just wanting a nice wakeboard wake you are set! Good Luck..

Nice wave bro!

Comment

Originally posted by JB-FOOT View Post
                      what speed are you running while wake surfing?
                      Hi jb-foot

Im' not sure speed... I will sheck it next time.. I dont trust the Speedo and the surf usually goes with rpm. And with feel... I belive its pretty
                      Much 11mph.. 16-17kmh. I will sheck GPS next time

Lähetetty minun D5803 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Comment

Thanks

Comment

That wakeboard wake looks great. 24mph was the slowest we could go on our 2100v to keep a clean wake. I always had way more bow weight in that boat.

its crazy seeing my old tige wake now that i've been running my a22 with 5k of ballast.

Comment

5k.. wow.. I think that waayy too much for this old 21V So you have now V22 tige with 5k? I assume the wake is quite hmm... next level? I should get my boat back to water in few weeks spraypockets done.. Hoping after that it handle some what +3K and give clean wake... See that in couple of weeks. Will post couple of pictures here as i get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Late77 View Post
                              5k.. wow.. I think that waayy too much for this old 21V So you have now V22 tige with 5k? I assume the wake is quite hmm... next level? I should get my boat back to water in few weeks spraypockets done.. Hoping after that it handle some what +3K and give clean wake... See that in couple of weeks. Will post couple of pictures here as i get them.
                              Not a V22...he probably means an Axis A22 boat....

Comment

Working...
                              X