Thoughts on a 2007 22ve setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on a 2007 22ve setup

I am pretty new to ballast and figuring out the best placement. I am not really interested in automatic ballasts, I am fine with just pumping manually. When we bought the boat it came with a lot of weight and I have never filled all the sacks all the way up because I did not think the engine(340hp stock engine) or factory prop would be able to support the weight. I live in Phoenix so we are pretty low on the elevation about 1500 feet. As far as the weight is concerned here is what the boat came with, two straightline 440 lbs bags in rear lockers, two 220 lbs bags in front lockers, 1 fly high open bow 1000 lbs bag, one fly high 1100 lbs v drive bag, and 1 im guessing 500 lbs bag. We wakeboard a lot more then surf so that's what I would like to get the boat geared for. Any suggestions with the current weight we have on placement throughout the boat and/or a prop that would be great for wakeboarding on this boat? Thank you guys very much for your time!!

440s full in the aft, the two 220's under the bow seats and the 1K triangle about half full on the bow seats.

Welcome to the site.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you very much so just put the other weight away then? And is there a point that I will ever use it or should I just sell them you think?

Comment

welcome to the site. That boat has an amazing surf wave if weighted properly. I would highly recommend looking into plumbing in a system at some point as its just fricking amazing to only have to toggle a switch. Maybe a good winter project and if so chpthril can hook you up with everything you need. There are several builds on here that you can use for reference as its easy to do.
        I use a V sac up front of my 07 22ve completely full and originally started with the 1100lb sacs in rear but were fighting to get enough wave height for surfing, so switched out to the custom sacs that mike sells and don't regret one minute spending the extra $$ for them as they actuall fill all the way and net around 1300-1400lbs ea. I fill the rear side were surfing 100% and sometimes fill the opposite side to a max of 25% and the wave is super with just my wife and I and a couple small kids. I know you said you wanted to stay with what you currently have so if you can use the sacs you have to weight to this approx. settings and put taps around 4 you will have plenty of push. Speed usually around 9.6 to start when learning.

When wakeboarding I set taps 7 and fill front sac 100% and both rear sacs approx. 50% and the wave is pretty damn big and clean around 75ft back.

As far as the prop I have the stock 537 and have had no issues getting on plane quickly but altitude plays a huge part in this. I also ski so don't want to lose top end. If you mainly wakeboard with a lot of ppl on board I would recommend switching to the 1235.

Good luck and post up pics of boat

Comment

Working...
        X