Opinions On Additional Pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions On Additional Pumps

Now that I have my w004's installed in my boat I love them but they take FOREVER to fill/drain/transfer. If it's just me and the fam it's no big deal but when we bring friends out it's kinda of a pain to have all the down time for filling. I was thinking of two options.

1. Installing a reversible transfer pump between the two w004's. The bags already have an unused 5th port on the top of the bag so that is nice for easy connection. For those of you guys who have put transfer pumps in where are you mounting them? If I go this route my thought process is that I will have to install a new switch at the helm to operate the pump correct? I don't see any feasible way to operate or wire it through the TT.

2. I can install 2 more dedicated fill pumps to each bag so that each bag has 2 fill pumps and this will obviously speed up that process. I know the bags empty via the hard tanks so I not sure of a solution to quicker draining other than using a manual pump to aid in draining. From looking at it, it seems feasible that the second set of fill pumps could be wired so they could be operated by the TT. Not sure if that's correct.

My 2011 has the 3/4 plumbing and the 800 pumps I believe. Do you think there would be much benefit to just going with bigger pumps and possibly changing hose size?

Open to suggestions and appreciate the input.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...low-Comparison one of my favorite threads. Chpthrll compared all the pumps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...low-Comparison one of my favorite threads. Chpthrll compared all the pumps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
      That is an awesome thread. It should be stickied. It's also one of the many reasons I trust Mike with all my ballast needs. He backs up his knowledge with real life experience. You the man, Mike!
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

RZR,

A transfer pump drawing from the top of the sac is not going to work the best. You would want to install a port in the lower portion of the sac. Use that extra top port for the extra fill pump. Even though the sac gravity drains into the tank, you can install a supplementary drain pump on the sac. We've done this on a couple OEM setups with our custom sac, which has extra ports.

Upgrading to faster pumps, which would use larger hose, would be a benefit. The biggest gain from such an upgrade, is really from going from the .75 fittings to the 1" fittings at the sac.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

you'll thank yourself for adding transfer pumps. We went from 10 minutes to 4 going side to side filling our ginormous custom Duffy Sacs'. Also have a front transfer for the mids/bow sacs. Everything is 1" /Johnson
          my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I read through Mike's thread and it looks like I'll be doing new pumps, hoses and a transfer. The wife and I have discussed stepping up to a Z3 so if that happens I'll hold off. If not.... project here we come.

Comment

Working...
            X