Dual fill/drain on Enzo sack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual fill/drain on Enzo sack

So yesterday we were out and I got this idea. What I want to do is use all 6 ports on my Enzo sack. The question is how do I wire it. To fill I'm planning on getting a Y valve for the starboard front pump and routing it to to other fill port on the Enzo sack. We normally surf the port side so I'm not so worried about that front sack. To drain (and keep everything integrated with one switch) I plan to throw another pump in the locker directly hooked to the bag and throw another thru hull in the side. My question is how do I wire it using the same switch to operate both drain pumps. Is it as simple as splicing it in to the existing wiring. I would think it would need a bigger fuse and maybe beefier wiring. Has anyone done this before. I have searched and searched and can't find anything on this. And I'm not an electrician. The pumps are the rule 1100 aerators and the system was completely installed by myself. Thanks to all the help here for that, great site
    Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Chpthrll designed my system that had a t800 and a t1200 as fills and drains and the total amp draw was less than 7 for two and I think he had me fuse it at 10 (vague memory) . I also think for the length of wire running together that amperage was fine. So it can be done but I don't know if the math is the same on two 1100 rules vs what he designed for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

My question is how do I wire it using the same switch to operate both drain pumps. Is it as simple as splicing it in to the existing wiring.
      Yes, just connect the new pump's brown and black wires to the existing pump's brown and black wires. The boat harness is sufficient to handle the 2 pumps. A 15A fuse would give you a little cushion for some peaks.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well that's what I wanted to hear. As far as the boats harness, we'll, I made that. I guess whoever ordered my boat from the factory did not want ballast in a wake boat. Therefore I am the one who gets to "bless this mess". But I love it. One of these days I will get around to showing off my boat on here. Thanks guys.

Comment

Have you see the 08 factory ballast? You should thank someone for that gift I also think your 08 was pre-wired for ballast anyway.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

image.jpgYou know what's funny. When I was installing the switches I saw a random female connector under the dash. Didn't think much of it at the time. Then I was unhappy with the cheap looking switch covers from wake makers, so I called tige to get some. Well I did get some for the bang up bargain price of $268. With the switches came the harness with the male end of that random connector I saw. By the way if anyone wants one of these you can have it.

Comment

Working...
            X