Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Drivers side hard tank won't empty - 13' RZR

All,

So I picked up a leftover RZR new this spring and took me until now to realize the drivers side rear hard tank has never emptied. It definitely lists to the driver side when equally weighted and I timed the fill and drain of both rear corners to confirm.

I checked the fuse but don't know where to go next. There appears to only be a single pump to drain. Any ideas?

Mike

Can you hear the pump running when you hit drain?

Comment

So, if you fill the suspect tank to the point that water is exiting the vent line, then attempt to drain, no water shoots out of the drain thru-hull? As board man stated, the pumps are audible. If you do not hear it running, then start with a volt meter at the pump. Check for voltage across the black and brown wires. Yes, a single drain pump for each tank.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Actually those pumps are not easy to hear , and that pump is at the far back below your power unit for the taps system

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can definitely hear of the pump running to both sides for fill and drain. The bag that sits on top fully fills and fully drains but it appears it stops draining after the bag on top is empty

Comment

There are hard tanks under the bags correct?

Comment

It sure would be helpfull to have a plumbing diagram.
              For each side is there a pump for both the hard and soft bag or just the hard tank and the soft just gravity drains to the hard tank and pumps out from there?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomp View Post
                It sure would be helpfull to have a plumbing diagram.
                For each side is there a pump for both the hard and soft bag or just the hard tank and the soft just gravity drains to the hard tank and pumps out from there?
                In the stock configuration, there is one drain pump per rear side...the bag gravity drains to the tank below the floor, and the drain pump is connected to the rear bottom of the tank.
                2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
                  In the stock configuration, there is one drain pump per rear side...the bag gravity drains to the tank below the floor, and the drain pump is connected to the rear bottom of the tank.
                  I'm stock so I must be crazy! Why the listing then?

Comment

At this point, I'd suggest pulling the false floor up so that you can visually see if there is water left in the tank, and also to get to the drain pump to pull the cartridge and check for obstruction and proper function. I would check that the polarity of the pump is correct. I've seen pumps wired backwards....they still move water, but very slowly and with not much force....ok ok ok it was ME who has wired a pump backwards before....
                    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Like Mike said your going to have to take a look. With the stock surf system if the bag is draining the system is working. The tank is draining as the bag drains down into the tank to be pumped out. No way for it to just drain the bag and not the tank. Is the boat listing at rest or while you are driving?

Comment

thanks guys... it is mainly listing while underway. So much worse than my I/O. It goes away a little if I add some taps but anything short of it being all the way down the boat porpoises? Maybe I'm just getting used to my first V drive???

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                        Like Mike said your going to have to take a look. With the stock surf system if the bag is draining the system is working. The tank is draining as the bag drains down into the tank to be pumped out. No way for it to just drain the bag and not the tank. Is the boat listing at rest or while you are driving?

Comment

So after being in a few other boats and an R20 recently I determined the list I'm complaining about is due to the prop rotation only. The boat is perfectly flat when just floating. Used phone app. The difference in draining times is inconsistent based on any air left in the system and draining that occurs during boarding. Cross drain vents are on the winter list along with a cross-over pump. Thanks again for the support guys. Hope I can return the favor someday.

Comment

Working...
                          X