Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double lip on Z1

Screenshot_2014-07-15-16-39-23-1-1.jpg

I am surfing behind a 2010 Z1 and we get this double lip on the wave. (hopefully the picture depicts it well enough) Does anyone know how to fix this. The lip makes the angle of the wave different on the bottom of the wave than the top on the wave. I also think the lip makes the wave barrel prematurely. Apologies for the poor picture i couldn't find one of just the wave

Whats the overall ballast setup as well as speed and TAPS? Maybe some additional bow weight or some on the off side.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

we surf at 10.8, taps 6, we have 400 stock and a 750 bag up front. (If we don't have that many people in the boat we won't fill the bag all of the way). In the rear we have 250 stock with another 750 bag.

Could it possibly be the swim platform? Looking at the newer models they look smaller and not as square

Comment

The platform on the Z1 typically dont get too many complaints.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok i was just wondering if that could be it. We will try to put some weight on the off side and see how that turns out.

Comment

My 11 RZR does this but only on the starboard side. In my case my swim platform does dig into the wake and my platform is not filled in on the bottom and it causes the wake to roll over prematurely. I fix it by adding opposite side weight but I have to be careful because there's a fine line for me between double lip and too much offside weight creating horrible prop wash...... even with my surf flap. This is only starboard, never have a problem on the port.

Just watch the first 2 minutes. You'll see prop wash is less in the beginning but there's the double lip..... as the video goes I am able to get the double lip to look better with opposite side weight but the prop wash dirties up the face. Maybe more front weight works?

Comment

looks good. Unfortunately there is the problem on both sides for us. We will defiantly play around more with weight configurations. Also I don't think we will be able to put much more weight in the front due to it being already so low.

Comment

Working...
              X