Weighting directly on swim step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighting directly on swim step

I just got two fly high fat bricks(155lbs. each). Can anybody tell me if putting them directly on the swim platform would make a difference, other than putting them on the rear seat for surfing? I was trying to figure out a way to strap them in through the handles to the hold down rings. Maybe one on the swim step and the other on the surf side rear seat?

I did this for years, finally stopped, because I was sick of dealing with it. Further back the weight, the more it makes a difference.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

My setup prior to buying bigger custom sacs was a fat brick on the swim step and a fat brick on the ballast boy seat. Worked really well. Just tie off to grab handle where it will prevent it from rolling just the wave but enough to let it switch sides.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I already have a custom sack on the surf side but typically it's just me the wife and a 6 year old kiddo. When we have extra people I don't need the extra weight. Going to give it a try when I get home. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Palle Man View Post
          I already have a custom sack on the surf side but typically it's just me the wife and a 6 year old kiddo. When we have extra people I don't need the extra weight. Going to give it a try when I get home. Thanks!
          If you typically have that small crew, are not opposed to non-water based ballat, and don't mind towing around a little more weight. I find the 50 lb bags of "lead wake" much easier to move around and setup than the fat brick.
          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

We spend the majority of the day on the lake and do multiple different water sports from slalom skiing, wakeboarding, surfing and yes, tubing. I like being able to get rid of the weight when we don't need it.

Comment

I have a 750lb bag. Is it too heavy for the platform?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

You know what I'm gonna say> YES! I've had 2 bricks on my step since day 1

Without them my wave is sorta lame...with them the barrel is bigger for sure. Obvious in person and video. Plus the crew is like 'dont mess with those sacs'!!

It's your call. Like Duff said they are in the way. BUT our crew is all about the wave. We don't give a rats a*ss about the swim step. As long as there's a space to climb up

I use 4 caribeeners' attached to the grab handle center section (one on each handle) So they easily slide out of the way. Especially as I fill one side. The 'Oprahs' as we like to call them 'auto slide' as the boat lists'. You barely have to nudge them and they 'glide' over

Just make sure they don't hang off the side or you'll get instant spray...BAD

edit: If you end using caribeeners' (its the best way I've found) make sure they're big enough. I went through a few before I got it right. Those little buggers aren't cheap..
                Last edited by MooseX; 07-16-2014, 03:19 PM.
                my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Johnni mo I'm gonna say yes 750 is WTFMuch' weight for the step on a 21 ft. boat omg
                  Last edited by MooseX; 07-16-2014, 03:28 PM.
                  my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Cindy on a 5'8" ocean board. She's about 5'8" as well. Rub Rail? We don't need no stinking rub rail...

photo_zps09f7905e.jpg
                    Last edited by MooseX; 07-16-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

That wave is sick. Water is pretty bright blue too. Where is that?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have any pics of your setup with the "oprahs"?

Comment

I used to have mine with 100#s of lead shot in it plus the water on my swim deck. Got tired of moving it and dealing with it. But it did make a difference!
                          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Tahoe

My sacs are super easy to move once the boat tilts

Basically float to the other side

Pics later

Comment

Working...
                            X