Just ask chrthrll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ask chrthrll

Got our new w005 sac installed on our RZR and we love it! If you have ballast questions just ask chrthrll on this forum. Very helpful! Thanks again mike!

Thanks. I went to send him a PM but his inbox was full...

chrthrll,

I have a 13' RZR that will be getting a VX upgrade in the winter. I would like to add additional ballast as well at that time. I currently have the surf system installed. Let me know what upgrade options you offer and the cost/install complexity thanks.

I was thinking of complementing the upgrade with some additional lead bags to get rid of the listing with no ballast and perhaps add some more in other locations to help the wave.

Any recommendations welcome.

Mike

Comment

Agree that Mike is great to work with! For anyone looking to contact him - his username on here is chpthril. But his inbox fills up pretty quickly. You can also contact him at: http://www.mikesliquidaudio.com/contact.html

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt33 View Post

chrthrll,

I have a 13' RZR that will be getting a VX upgrade in the winter. I would like to add additional ballast as well at that time. I currently have the surf system installed. Let me know what upgrade options you offer and the cost/install complexity thanks.

I was thinking of complementing the upgrade with some additional lead bags to get rid of the listing with no ballast and perhaps add some more in other locations to help the wave.

Mike
        Sorry, i'll get some PMs cleared later, im just taking a quick break. Under the gun here in the shop with projects lined up with hard deadlines. You can also reach me via email.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Unless you have a bunch of people in the boat, the " surf system" needs some more weight. I replaced the factory sac with the w005 fly high sac. It is awesome! Just like chrthrll told me.

Comment

chrthrll,

Mike
            For the R20/RZR boats, the Fly High W005 is a perfect fit and will hold roughly 1000 lbs. It will require you to convert the hose barb fittings, that are glued into the OEM sac, to the male/female quick-connect fittings, but beyond that, its not a very in depth upgrade. All I need to do is confirm the hose size your 2013 was built with and if has 4 or 5 hoses per surf sac.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

OK, let me know what you need to confirm. As well, any updates to the front sac required? I can't imagine much more fitting up there!

Comment

Looking for an update. Want to get this on order. Thanks!

OK, let me know what you need to confirm. As well, any updates to the front sac required? I can't imagine much more fitting up there!

Comment

Looking for an update. Want to get this on order. Thanks!
                  Unlike other ballast sac retailers, I supply the needed fittings to make this surf sac conversion. In order to send the correct size and quantity, I want to confirm which size hose, your Tige ballast is fitted with. It could be .75" or 1.0". If you can measure the outer diameter of the ballast hose, thats all i need. Im 99% sure your 2013 will NOT have the extra vent line on top of the sac, so it would only have the 4 hose connections as they have in the past.

With additional ballast in the rear, you can add additional ballast in the bow, without adverse affects to the wave height. How much more..........that comes down to personal preference and desired wave. Tige does offer the "Pro" level bow sacs, but on the RZR, im not sure if the gain in weight will offset the cost. Thats hard to call

The best way to get me is via email, as my PM box gets full and it may be a few days before I realize it. info (at) mikesliquidaudio (DOT) com. Include your shipping info and we can get you an exact total.

Thanks,

Michael
                  Last edited by chpthril; 07-23-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X