r20 ballast install - need some help with the install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r20 ballast install - need some help with the install

Hello Everyone - finally got my 2011 r20 on the water this weekend! chpthrill set me up with the extra ballast bags that are being installed this week...but my marina is having some difficulty with the install - can anyone send additional info or help me guide them in the right direction. Mike sent me all the hardware and bags and some photos but I am just wondering if someone can send me some step by step instruction to make this simpler for them!

Any help would be appreciated as I want the boat ready for Canada day long weekend!

Thanks
    Marc

yikes, if they are having issues, I'd go there right now and get my boat back. Sounds like they don't know what they are doing....
    Last edited by mnpracing; 06-23-2014, 11:06 PM.
    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
      yikes, if they are having issues, I'll go there right now and get my boat back. Sounds like they don't know what they are doing....
      X2!!! RUN away from that marina if they need help figuring out a ballast system, I'm a big DIY type of guy and I found my install was very easy for me. If you know how to use a drill, a heat gun and simple wiring, it's something we can all help you through.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I understand they your marine mechanic is not a Tige dealer, but do they have experience with doing ballast installs at all? Again, dont hesitate to pass on my cell # to them.

For those fallowing along, Marc's boat came with the 900lb bass level ballast. He converting it to the Surf/Pro level plumbing so he can install the Tige Surf ballast sacs. So its a little more involved then the usual Plug-n-Play surf sac swap.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the update Chpthrill, show them to my thread here for info on adding plumbing to the 900lb system, it should be similar to the 900lb system on the R20.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...lus&highlight=
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...I trust this marina they are like family to my family and know they will get it done! Thanks ewok and chpthrill for all your insight and help trust me it's better than me trying to do it! I will forward on the thread to them!

Comment

Working...
            X