Lots of air in rear pro ballast sacks - no way to burp them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of air in rear pro ballast sacks - no way to burp them

I have the pro ballast in my 2014 RZ2 and noticed when I fill the rear sacks theres a ton of air in there and there is no way to "burp" the sacks. I was also surprised to not see any type of caps/valves to unscrew. I currently just see the intake and overflow lines on the sacks. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Matt - we have the pro ballast in our 2013 Z1. Our rear sacs have always seemed to trap air. We fill them and then give it a couple of minutes while getting the rope, gear, rider ready. We then have someone step on the sac and push it down until some water comes out the vent/drain when needed - occasionally the sac will shrink as the air escapes - and then turn the pumps back on to "top off". We have not found a good solution. When surfing sometime, we just leave the pump on and let it run to keep it full.

Hopefully someone here will have a better solution.
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

The 2014's have a secondary vent on the top of the sac that was supposed to address this very issue.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Im really surprised there isn't a simple vent on top. I tried pushing on the sac as well to release some of the water/air and then top off again.

Mike, do the enzos sacks you sell have vents? If so I may need to upgrade soon.

Comment

Matt,

My Custom RZ2 sacs have a total of 7 threaded ports. Plenty for extra fill/drain/vent and/or transfer pump. But, I would cure the venting issue 1st.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            The 2014's have a secondary vent on the top of the sac that was supposed to address this very issue.
            +1. That was new for 2014. You should have 3 thru-hulls on each side of the boat and one is just for venting, isn't it? Maybe it's obstructed?

Comment

Matt, I just went through my bags on my RZ4, There are a total of 5 ports on the new rear bags. 2 are tied to Vent-Drain and 1 dedicated to Vent. I believe it was either the last one (closest to the transom). I am with Tim could be some sort of blockage.

Comment

Your factory surf sacs have a vent on each top side of the bag that goes directly to a thru hull. That should be enough unless they are trapping air in the middle.

There are 5 ports in the new bags. 2 on the bottom that connect to the hard tank. 3 on the top. One is a fill the other 2 are vents. One is T'd to a vent for the tank. All draining is done from the tank and the bottom 2 ports empty into the tank so the drain pump can pump it out. Nothing on the top of the bag has anything to do with draining. 2 vents and a fill.

Comment

Ok thanks guys, I will take a closer look at the lines and see if there is anything that is preventing them from venting.

Comment

So I took a closer look at my top vent hose that goes through my thru hull. It appears that the hose is possibly "twisting" and almost closing the vent where it connects to the top of the bag. That is at least my theory, Ill know more once I fill them again.

Also, I wasnt able to see any type of blockage or kinks in the lines.

[/QUOTE]

Port side (side with the least air)
                    Last edited by Matt Garcia; 06-20-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Hook the fake-a-lake up to the fill pump for that side. Just make sure the drain is on the side where you can water the grass when you empty them!

Comment

I have air in my sacs when I put them in at the beginning of the season. My vent check valves are tight, so the air will not flow out the vent line until the sac is very tight. Instead, I remove the quick disconnect on my vent line to manually burp them. Once the air is purged, not much more air enters the sacs unless I remove them from the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by mls6722 View Post
                          I have air in my sacs when I put them in at the beginning of the season. My vent check valves are tight, so the air will not flow out the vent line until the sac is very tight. Instead, I remove the quick disconnect on my vent line to manually burp them. Once the air is purged, not much more air enters the sacs unless I remove them from the boat.
                          X2
                          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
                          X