Passive draining on Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive draining on Z3

I'm getting some passive draining on my Z3. On my old boat a backflow preventer on the fill line did the trick but heard that crossing the vent/drains works on the Z3. Thoughts?

Hey there moore15,
    My Z1 did the same thing, put in check valves and did not stop the draining, so Tige agreed to have my dealer do the cross vent/drain lines. Will find out this weekend if it is fixed. Are running the stock ballast or bigger bags?

Comment

Cross-draining is the only way to fix it. Check valves won't work as you want the water to be able to get out. Good news is that it's an easy fix (but a pain, and time consuming)...bad news is that Tige didn't do it to begin with...
      Last edited by mnpracing; 06-17-2014, 08:15 PM.
      2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

First need to isolate the path. Could be the drain, fill or vent. Fill the sac, then shut the fill thru-hulls off and monitor. If passive draining still occurs, open the valves, top off the ballast, close valves again, then plug the drain outlet with a rubber stopper or cork. Repeat and then plug the vent thru-hull. Once all the draining is stopped, worked backwards to making sure there are not multiple sources.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We can open and close the valves in these boats??

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            First need to isolate the path. Could be the drain, fill or vent. Fill the sac, then shut the fill thru-hulls off and monitor. If passive draining still occurs, open the valves, top off the ballast, close valves again, then plug the drain outlet with a rubber stopper or cork. Repeat and then plug the vent thru-hull. Once all the draining is stopped, worked backwards to making sure there are not multiple sources.
            Good points Mike. I had passive draining from my fill lines as well, and fixed that by adding check valves to all fill lines. I crossed all drains and vents to opposite side.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
              Good points Mike. I had passive draining from my fill lines as well, and fixed that by adding check valves to all fill lines. I crossed all drains and vents to opposite side.
              X2 works great problem solved!!

Comment

Looks like I will be crossing some hoses. Pretty stupid that you have to do his on new boats.

Comment

How did you guys cross the drains/vents. Did you have to remove the floor to get to the drain pump or just use a barb from the line at the thru hull ?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore15 View Post
                    Looks like I will be crossing some hoses. Pretty stupid that you have to do his on new boats.
                    I agree

Originally posted by Travism View Post
                    How did you guys cross the drains/vents. Did you have to remove the floor to get to the drain pump or just use a barb from the line at the thru hull ?
                    I used a coupler on the drain lines to extend the hoses rather than take up the floor to run all new hose. For the vents I ran new hose from where the bag and tank vents T'd together.

Comment

Working...
                    X