2003 Tige 20V - New Owner -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Tige 20V - New Owner -

Hello! New owner here. I'm pumped to pick up my '03 Tige 20v rider's edition this weekend!

In the lake test, I surfed a decent wave with just one 750 sack in the back corner (regular) and two people in the boat. I think with just the weight in the back we were a little bow high and had to put the taps plate down pretty far into "slalom" territory to clean up the wake. I had 11.6mph on the paddle wheel style PP.

I also did a quick wakeboarded set and the wake was a nice shape, larger than other boats i've been behind unweighted, but definitely in need of some ballast and/or people.

From this experience, I'm really looking forward to seeing what this can do with more weight and tuning so a local shop is installing 2 ~1000# custom rear sacks and two ~400# sacs up front - all auto. If everything is ready on time we'll be out surfing and boarding on Saturday and I'll post some pics!

Suggestions and advice welcome...

Congrats and welcome. Post up some pics of your new ride and sac that puppy out and go surfing.

Comment

Welcome, im curious where you plan to put two 400lb sacks? One will fit on the port side but theres not really any room on the starboard side in a 20v.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Comment

Port and starboard front are low profile tube sacs - W704 and fit mostly under the bow. The floor divider needs to be removed to make space. I pick her up tomorrow!!!

Comment

Sweet congrats!!! Can't wait to see some pics.
          Last edited by ride3232; 06-20-2014, 12:13 PM.
          If you ever stop surfing, Then you never did!!!

Comment

OK OK. The fun weekend is over, and I'm relaxing on the couch and have some time to pop a few advil and check out our pictures from the weekend. Here is a closeup of the bags.aft stbd.jpgfwd prt.jpgfwd stbd.jpgport aft.jpgstbd aft vent evac.jpgStbd fwd VentEvac.jpgthru hull.jpg

Comment

And here is the boat. P.O. took good care of her...DSC_1232.jpg

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

We love the versatility of the wakeboard wake with a little weight with taps, but are far from really dialing it in. So far, she seems to like as much bow weight as possible both wakeboarding and surfing. Anyone else with a 20v have tips?

Comment

Good Looking boat - congrats!

That glass looks amazing also - where is that lake at?

Comment

So, I forgot to mention that I stuck my first invert on the first day out. Coincidence? Here's the vid: http://youtu.be/PlfkzdGmNOo

We had a little wash in the wakeboard wake that day, but a little less ballast here and there and a touch more speed fixed that for day 2.
                      Last edited by ski_antique; 06-25-2014, 01:40 AM.

Comment

So to update we are much closer to dialing in the wake-surf wake: I'm filling both port side bags max, and adding a bit in the starboard front sac, and some marginal amount in the starboard aft. I figure I'm running a max of 2288 in hidden ballast and another ~800-950 in people, for what is becoming a pretty unruly wave. TAPS is set on ~2 and I've got an ACME 1617 prop.

If this weekend works out, I'll send a pic of the wakeboard wake as well as the wake surf wave for you all to comment on. Pls, send suggestions as I'm always tweaking!

Comment

Working...
                        X