Need help - possible front ballast fill issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help - possible front ballast fill issue

The front starboard ballast on a 2014 RZ2 with pro ballast system has water coming out the overflow/drain line shortly after the fill starts (I did not think to time it). The port side does not seem to have this issue as the overflow takes longer. Any suggestions on how/what I should check to diagnose/fix would be helpful. Thanks!
    2014 RZ2, Convex VX, MLA Surf Ballast

Make sure its completely empty to start with. Ignore the gauge and run the drain pump til no more water it pumping out.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You can open the seat back and pull the panel off that covers the back to make sure the bag is not twisted up in the space, you shoul also dbl check to make sure the fill line is coming from the back to the boat. I think there is 4 screws up there that hold the panel in place. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks. I will try to check to confirm the bag is not twisted. I did drain it until no water coming out. That is what I tried before taking anything apart.

Comment

Gaurenteed the bag is all twisted, My Z1 does it all the time, and i've complained about it numerous times, hopefully they fixed it on the last repair visit ... (also make sure when it time to winterize, you completely drain it!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Z1Fan View Post
            Gaurenteed the bag is all twisted, My Z1 does it all the time, and i've complained about it numerous times, hopefully they fixed it on the last repair visit ... (also make sure when it time to winterize, you completely drain it!!!!)
            Have you attempted to untwist it yourself or always had a service tech handle it?

Comment

You betcha, i untwist it all the time, i leave out the bulk head on the passenger side of the boat and climb in there all the time, but this past winter i had enough and called the dealer on it, apparently he has said he was able to mount it securely (???) not so sure about that, but he has put the bulkhead back in , so i have not had the time to check it out, but when i do i will take a couple of pictures and see if i can post them on here.. but a thread a while back had a fellow user on here install a couple of marine access ports under the seat in the bow so he could reach in and fix the position easily...

Comment

Originally posted by Z1Fan View Post
                You betcha, i untwist it all the time, i leave out the bulk head on the passenger side of the boat and climb in there all the time, but this past winter i had enough and called the dealer on it, apparently he has said he was able to mount it securely (???) not so sure about that, but he has put the bulkhead back in , so i have not had the time to check it out, but when i do i will take a couple of pictures and see if i can post them on here.. but a thread a while back had a fellow user on here install a couple of marine access ports under the seat in the bow so he could reach in and fix the position easily...
                Thanks!

Comment

I got the same issues except on the other side. My port side has the problem. Going to check if my bags are twisted as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    I got the same issues except on the other side. My port side has the problem. Going to check if my bags are twisted as well.
                    That might be easier to get from behind the dash pull out the bulkhead (3 screws I believe) and then look inside

Comment

I think I have the exact same issue. It immediately starts to drain the moment I turn on the ballast for that side. Dang it. Seriously WHY on a BRAND NEW BOAT.....And my dealer is so backed up, they won't even take my boat in cause it's a 3 week turn around.

Anyone know how to gain access on a Z3 for the front ballasts?
                      2014 Tige Z3

Comment

To get access to front ballast, remove the bulkheads (dividers) that you can see under the observer seat and through the starboard bow seat back.
                        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
                          To get access to front ballast, remove the bulkheads (dividers) that you can see under the observer seat and through the starboard bow seat back.
                          So those screws that are holding down the dividers are all crooked - I'm not sure if I take them out I'll be able to put them back in the same spot without stripping? You're talking about that little platform behind the seat back in front of the drivers side - somewhere you would put your anchor - right? That divider is screwed down.
                          2014 Tige Z3

Comment

Yes that's it. A lot of people just take them out and leave them out. On the SB side remove only the vertical screws not the ones that go through the fiberglass. But yeah any screws that go into the plastic dividers have a chance to strip because they often come out with some of the plastic adhered to it. If it does strip just replace with larger screws.
                            2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

I think I have the same issue with my RZR.

Comment

Working...
                              X