Wake surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake surfing

Ok guys gotta 2002 riders edition that throws a huge wake right behind the boat while surfing but just doesn't seem long at all! Any advice on how to get the wave to be longer and still have a sweet spot throughout it?

3 things will make the pocket longer, reduce the TAPS setting, add weight to the bow and go faster. You have to play around with the various parameters and see what works best for you. Also, as you speed up or reduce the TAPS setting, the height of the wave will drop a little. It's a balancing act to find the sweet spot of big enough wave with big enough pocket.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I had a 2002 23V limited and found that 900lbs+ in the surf side rear, 400lbs+ on the surf side midship, 400lbs+ in the bow. Taps around 2 to 3 and 10.8 mph. Speed is irrelevant though. Seems like every boat is different. We found that to be the longest wave with the most push. May need to steer into the wave slightly to get the best results.

Comment

I have 1999 2100V and we got it dialed in for portside surfing with the following setup:

1100lbs real locker
        600lbs under port bench an bow
        TAPS set to 2
        10.5 mph

See the 2100v wakesurfing pic and the dialed in info on Wakeshape.com - a site I built to track how to dial in the best surf waves.

Comment

Working...
        X