Z1 Ballast upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 Ballast upgrade

Would like to know which sacs would be better in the 2013 Z1, the wake9 sacs or the wake makers sacs? If I add either one, do I need more weight in the bow as well, I have the factory pro system now.
    Any info on this would be helpful.
    Thanks

I think weight is what matters, not who makes them. Most are using the enzo style sacs in the large sizes over a traditional oval bag. I have used the fly high sacs(the one on wake makers) and always had great luck. Don't have any experience with the wake9 sacs. Is you add a lot of weight in the back you will need more bow weight. The sacs underneath the front fill the space and you can't get anything bigger under there. So the options for more bow weight are lead or exposed sacs or of course good old body weight!!

Comment

A custom PnP sac like WM, Wake9 and others here offer, will definitely maximize the available space. This seems to more beneficial in those boats with the Convex VX. Another option is the Fly High W005. its a semi-custom sac that was designed for Fly High with the help of Tige. It will not hold quite as much as the taller and longer customs, but doesnt cost as much.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My buddy bought a new z1 with pro ballast and vx and were going to put the 1100 in each side I've surfed the outcome and it's awesome I would get ahold of chpthril and he can hook u up with all the goodies, great guy with great service
        surf till u die.

Comment

I'm following this as I also have a z1 with Pro ballast. I bought at the end of the season so I haven't even surfed it yet. I want to try it stock before I jump in though.

Comment

You should be good to go up front with the pro ballast and custom sacks in the rear I have the wake 9 sacks and they work great

Comment

Thanks for the info from everybody, it all helped. Gives me something to think about.

Comment

We run the wake9 Z3 sacs in our Z1. If you are looking to maximize your goofy wave more bow weight on top of the pro ballast is in order. We tend to run a smaller crew so the bigger Z3 bags are not an issue. You can check out our wave at wake9.com. Look for the polar bear reviews and Z1 with wake9 ballast.

Comment

Hey there Wood, do the Z3 sacs eat up all of the storage under the seats? I would still like to keep some of the storage as there is not a lot to start with. Also, how much more weight do you have in the bow and where did you put it?

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
                    Hey there Wood, do the Z3 sacs eat up all of the storage under the seats? I would still like to keep some of the storage as there is not a lot to start with. Also, how much more weight do you have in the bow and where did you put it?
                    Yeah no storage under the seats. We went through all our stuff from our last boat and realized we packed a lot of stuff we didn't need. For us the two front hatches and the observer seat is more than enough. As for the bow weight. Goofy side wave 400# of lead in the bow on the goofy side. Regular side wave extra 400# evenly spread out

Comment

Just finished a complete upgrade of my 2008 Z1 Ballast system and wanted to report back that it was a very successful install only due to the excellent support from Bryan/Brian and his Team at Wake Makers and also the support of this forum via the great advise that was provided. Used the Tige 84 Bags (Port and Starboard), 400 Fly Hi in the Bow, and the Johnson Ultra Reversible Pumps with thru hull fill and drain below the water line and the obvious vent/over-flow above the water line. Really is a nice, fast operating system with a clean install package. Dialing in the wake and weighting this weekend but the initial impression is that I will have more Ballast than I could ever want in the Stern but by Z1 design there is just no room for more in the Bow except for by pals and also my 24 pack beer that will now be relocated for surfing. Could add lead or other high density weight but I think all is gonna be very good for now. Of course some extra cash and a brand new Z3 or RZ4 would prove to be a great solution!!!!!!!

Thanks again to Wake Makers for a great set up with not a single trip to the hardware store, and for you all for your input and support.

T.

Comment

Is your name Rob, or is there another Tige owner that also lives in The Woodlands TX?
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

There are several Tige owners in The Woodlands, TX. I think the Rob you speak of is a Z3 driver. Very nice boat. He and I represented Tige at the Texas Ironman two weeks ago as a small fleet of Safety boats.

Comment

yeah, we fixed Rob up with a new prop last month. I remember now, your 08 Z1 ballast inquire. Glad to hear the W005 recommendation worked out for you. I knew the extra weight over the 750 would be a plus in the Z1.

Comment

Working...
                            X