Convex VX on RZ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convex VX on RZ2?

Has anyone put the new Convex VX on an RZ2? We have a 2010 RZ2 and are considering adding. Anyone? Let us know.

Thanks!
    www.surfaustex.com

Unless you can go to the factory and have it installed there it's very expensive to ship and retrofit the ConvexVX.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I wonder if Tige would stow it in a dealers next order and save on freight?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

have one on my 2014 I'm running pro ballast and added the 1400 lbs Enzo on each side and it's wicked awesome wave I will say that the vx works better with bow wait that's why I did the pro ballast it's an awesome combo
        surf till u die.

Comment

here's a pic of my wake don't mind the no wake zone bouy I had to do it just sayn
          surf till u die.

Comment

Just had one put on my '11 RZ2, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Hoping to this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
              Just had one put on my '11 RZ2, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Hoping to this weekend.
              Coop, what did it cost you. I am thinking of getting one installed on my 08.
              "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by Booms View Post
                Coop, what did it cost you. I am thinking of getting one installed on my 08.
                $3,000 installed. Color is frost (white).

Of course, that included the new swim step also. Not sure what to do with my old one. Make a bench out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                  $3,000 installed. Color is frost (white).

Of course, that included the new swim step also. Not sure what to do with my old one. Make a bench out of it?
                  Thanks for the info. This is a lot less expensive then a ASR or Z3.

My dealer is supposed to be giving me a cost for the VX alone. They are not a fiberglass shop, so I will need to get a quote for the fiber glass work separately.
                  "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Was curious on what dealer you got this through. I have talked to (2) one here in colorado, and the other in Texas and they are qouting me 4200.00 and another 800 for color other then White I think?

Comment

Had a quote here in can$ of 4500$ color included

Comment

Originally posted by jstplyn331 View Post
                        Was curious on what dealer you got this through. I have talked to (2) one here in colorado, and the other in Texas and they are qouting me 4200.00 and another 800 for color other then White I think?
                        Tige Watersports in Corona, California.

Comment

Thanks I will give them a call. That's a big price difference from what I was qouted

Comment

Just make one........ for that price, any boat shop could do throw together the platform and you could buy the tig welder to fab out the stainless brackets for about the same price. Then sell the tig again on craigslist.
                            2007 RZ2 Marine power 340hp Custom ballast
                            Tundra Crewmax 5.7L

Comment

I just installed a convex vx on my 2008 rz2 and added two enzo fat sacs. one in each locker, 1400 pounds each bag, as well as a bow bag with 600 pounds. I tried it out for the first time this weekend. i must be doing something wrong because I'm not getting a good surf wave. Its not long nor do I get good push. We are all surfing a foot behind the boat or closer. I've tried a bunch of configurations and can't seem to get the wave I see in all the videos. We don't have a lot of people in the boat when we surf maybe one or two small adults and two small kids. I'm hoping that the weight of the people isn't the difference. I've tried so many different configurations and just can't get it dialed in. i bought the super large bags because I don't have 6 adults to load in the boat when we go out. would appreciate any thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X