Swapping Z1 Surf Ballast for Pro Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping Z1 Surf Ballast for Pro Ballast

I have the surf ballast in my boat. I'd like to swap the front for the Pro Ballast or custom sacks. Has anyone done this? Is there a aftermarket setup that works better than the pro or should I just buy the pro from my dealer and install?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah... 2013 Z1 w/ VX

I would check with Chpthril to see what he has or would advise. He is a great guy to work with.

Comment

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the site.

Comment

For the pro level bow ballast sacs, tige has been using a pair (a port and starboard) proprietary custom sacs with a hockey stick shape. To do the swap its fairy straight forward since the base and surf level bow setup already uses 2 fill and a 2 drain pumps. The most I think you need to do is Y the vent to each of the new sacs.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you for the info. So buying the factory sacks would be the best option?

Comment

Thats the best option. Thats the only place your going to get the proper ones to fit under the seats. They will be plug and play. Pull the old sacs and remove the fittings and install in the corresponding hole in the new sac and then plug them back into the hoses. There will be no need to change or add any plumbing. Thats assuming the boat is a mid year 2012 or newer.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
              Thats the best option. Thats the only place your going to get the proper ones to fit under the seats. They will be plug and play. Pull the old sacs and remove the fittings and install in the corresponding hole in the new sac and then plug them back into the hoses. There will be no need to change or add any plumbing. Thats assuming the boat is a mid year 2012 or newer.
              Thank you. I'll call and get them ordered tomorrow.

Comment

I am also looking to upgrade my Z1 to pro ballast. I just talked to the nearest Tige dealer to me. He is saying they are $500 each plus shipping. Is this really the going price for the Z1 pro bow sacs?

Comment

We had ours upgraded from surf to pro as a part of the sale. No idea what the price is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedwards View Post
                    I am also looking to upgrade my Z1 to pro ballast. I just talked to the nearest Tige dealer to me. He is saying they are $500 each plus shipping. Is this really the going price for the Z1 pro bow sacs?
                    My quote was a little more than that for both. I am installing myself.

Comment

Digging up an old thread... I'm picking up my "new to me" Z1 tomorrow. It has the surf ballast and I would like to upgrade it as well. Could the bow sacks be replaced with the W711 Fat Sac. Also what is the best upgraded sac for the rear lockers?

Comment

Welcome to the sight dhightower3! We cant wait to see pictures of your boat! Best upgrades for the sacs - contact chpthril on here (Mikes Liquid Audio)... he will point you in the right direction and help you with whatever you need.

Comment

I have never once filled my front sacks differently. I think you can get by with a single sack. The only concern is getting the exact fit. It might be hard to find a perfect fit aftermarket. Ask chpthrl.

Comment

If you need a bow set, send me a PM, I can beat 500.00
                            Germaine Marine
                            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Am looking for a new bow sac for 2008 z1, old one sprung a leak

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X