Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a thru hull vent fitting

Hey guys,

My boat came with the surf ballast setup but I have upgraded to the pro bow sacks and custom rear sacks.

When tige built the boat with the surf ballast package they only installed one thru hull fitting for the drain on the bow port side. Stock it was venting to the starboard side which has two through hull fittings ( vent and drain). Now with the 2 individual pro bow sacks I have the port vent line "T" into the drain line up near the through hull port. On the starboard side I have it setup as it would be from the factory with the drain to one fitting and the vent to the other.

My question is,

I want to install another through haul fitting on the port side so I can cross my drain and vent lines to avoid losing water and having to top off during the day.

Can you guys give me some tips on how to install this through hull fitting ? I'm fairly mechanically inclined !

Also where do I buy a through hull fitting to match the factory one ? I assume the dealer ?

Thanks,

Travis

Travis,

Are you experiencing any passive draining on either bow sac with your current configuration? If so, have you isolated it to the fill, drain or vent plumbing? We routinely T the vent into the drain and share a thru-hull with no issue, so no need to change or modify unless you are having an issue.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Travis,

Are you experiencing any passive draining on either bow sac with your current configuration? If so, have you isolated it to the fill, drain or vent plumbing? We routinely T the vent into the drain and share a thru-hull with no issue, so no need to change or modify unless you are having an issue.
      That's what I did...no issues.
      2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Working...
      X